- You will have one-on-one time with award-winning faculty who bring incredible real-world experiences to the classroom and beyond, including Dean Hans E. Butzer, designer of the Oklahoma City National Memorial and Skydance Bridge, and Marjorie Callahan, who recently led a U.S. State Department Diplomacy Lab team.
- We explore how built environments shape equitable communities. Our students and faculty work with Gibbs College’s Institute for Quality Communities to help address real-world challenges through design.
- Our students have access to our world class facilities, Gould Hall and the Creating_Making Lab. Gould Hall has a Digital Making Lab with 3D printers and laser cutters, a Building Information Modeling Lab that supports immersive virtual reality visualization, and a Lighting Design Studio. The 5,000-square-foot Creating-Making Lab has three bays of wood working areas, laser cutters, CNC routers, a dozen 3D printers, and much more.
- Our students consistently receive national recognition for their work in planning, design, and construction. Recently our students won the Come Alive Outside Design Challenge and were shortlisted for a World Landscape Architecture Award, placed in the top three in the DesignBuild Institute of America’s national design-build student competition, and placed in the top 10 among over 800 entrants in the Steelcase NEXT competition.
- We provide life-changing travel study opportunities for our students where they put their knowledge into practice in places like China, Germany, Uganda, and Dubai. Our architecture students who study in Rome can take their required courses in the heart of the Eternal City—all while paying OU tuition.