We encourage you to use our online asynchronous (email) consultation and/or synchronous (video chat) consultation options to see what helps you learn best.
We work diligently to support your development as a writer, and therefore, we do not serve as an editing nor grading service. As with all writing consultations, our primary goal for your experience through online submissions is that you learn something about writing that you can use in the future. Because of this, we want to provide feedback that is thoughtful, intentional, and useful. All we ask is that you take a minute to let us know how we can best help you. Keep in mind the following things
For synchronous consultations via Zoom or Skype (only available Tuesday-Friday 10am-3pm):
- You can submit up to 1500 words
- You can submit up to 2 times in one week
- Each video chat consultation has an appointment time of 1 hour
- Appointments should be requested by 5 pm at least 1 day in advance
For asynchronous consultations:
- You can submit up to 3000 words
- You can submit up to 3 times in one week
- We will send a response via email within 2 business days
The OU Writing Center welcomes all writers and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality, language background, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. We consider difference to be a seed for learning, writing, and a just society.