As we develop plans to return to in-person classes in the fall, we are committed to the health and well-being of our community. Through the summer, our operations team will be working hard to ensure a safe and clean campus so that we can have a gradual return to normal operations. Highlights of the OU-Tulsa Clean and Green Initiative include:
1. Electrostatic cleaning
- We will be cleaning once a week in clinic areas. Student areas will be cleaned weekly once classes resume.
- We are currently using an outside vendor for this process, but we are in the process of purchasing our own equipment and our operations team will begin doing this over the summer.
2. Bathrooms - More than 600 manual bathroom fixtures across campus will be replaced with touchless, motion sensor fixtures.
3. Day porters/custodian - We will be hiring two day porters/custodians to clean high touch areas.
4. Air filters - The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers recommends the use of MERV13 filters to mitigate airborne exposure. Many of the current filters at OU-Tulsa are MERV8 filters that will be upgraded to MERV13 filters.
In addition, we are working to make sustainable choices to protect our environmental health. Our Operations department will transition to environmentally preferred paper towels, toilet paper and cleaning agents such as glass and floor cleaner that are not part of the COVID-19 disinfecting protocols and modify HVAC operating times for unoccupied spaces at OU-Tulsa to reduce energy consumption and prolong equipment life. We will also continue to retrofit incandescent light fixtures to energy-saving LED fixtures.