Classrooms are only available to OU Registered Student Organizations and OU departments.
Because the mission of the University of Oklahoma is to teach and promote academic excellence, the educational purpose of the University must be maintained at all times.
Buildings on the academic campus are primarily for academic purposes (i.e. scheduled classes, departmental programs) and such use takes priority over any other type of use. To avoid conflict with the teaching goals of the University, the following policies must be followed by the Reserving Party when using classrooms:
- Non-academic classroom use is available on a semester-by-semester basis.
- Use of classroom space for the Fall 2020 semester will be available beginning Aug. 24, 2020. Reservation times will be limited during the first two weeks of the Fall 2020 semester to accommodate necessary academic class adjustments.
- Classroom space may be reserved between the hours of 7 AM – 11 PM depending on availability.
- Due to the priority of academic use, Campus Scheduling reserves the right to move any group to another space; however, every effort will be made to provide comparable space and services.
- Facilities generally may be scheduled for a period of up to four (4) hours. Campus Scheduling may grant exceptions provided justification for the extension identifying why additional time is needed is submitted along with the request. Assuming there are no conflicts regarding the use of the requested facility, and assuming no actual disruption of the educational mission of the University or its daily operations is likely to occur because of the extension, most extensions will be granted.
- Groups will be limited to no more than five (5) classroom reservations held at any one time. Additional reservations would require approval from the Campus Scheduling office.
- Classroom space with a COVID-19 capacity of 40 or more is at a premium at the University. The multi-functional uses of these spaces – classes, films, speakers, etc. – result in a high demand for reservations by University departments and RSOs. To ensure equitable accessibility, RSOs may reserve these classrooms one time only during any given week.
- First priority is given to University departments, followed by programs sponsored by branches of the SGA, which include the SGA Executive Branch, Undergraduate Student Congress, Graduate Student Senate and Campus Activities Council, then by programs sponsored by RSOs.
- All use of space should be in accordance with the procedures outline in the University Phase III plan and Facility use policy.
- Classrooms should be left clean and as found prior to use.
- Additional furniture is prohibited in classrooms without approval from the Campus Scheduling office.
- Food and drinks are not permitted in classroom spaces.
- If extensive refuse is being created, removal must be coordinated with the Facilities Management office.
- Decorations must comply with the University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Holiday Decorations Policy and shall not include items that cannot be easily removed after an event without damage.
Any reserving party failing to abide by these procedures may have classroom use privileges suspended.
Available Classroom Spaces
|Bizzell Memorial Library||LL118||No Fall 2020 Reservations|
|Carson Engineering Center||ALL|
|CAS Computer Labs||ALL||Gary Bates|
|Collings Hall||ALL||Barbi DeLong|
|Dale Hall Towerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Devon Energy Hall - Weekend Reservations||ALL|
|Dunham Residential College||ALL||No Fall 2020 Reservations|
|Gaylord Hall||ALL||No Fall 2020 Reservations|
|Headington Residential College||ALL||No Fall 2020 Reservations|
|Innovation Hub (3 Partners Place)||132||Kristin Garcia|
|Rawl Engineering Practice Facility||ALL|
|Stephenson Research and Technology Center||1030||Dora Rapp|
|Wagner Hall||ALL||No Fall 2020 Reservations|
|Zarrow Hall - Weekend Reservations||ALL||Diane Freeman|
Reserve Classroom Space
Click the appropriate button below for information on how your organization can reserve space for your event.