Division of Management Information Systems
- Talia Dean as flag bearer represented MIS Division and led about 60 MIS undergraduate and graduate students at the Price College Fall 2021 graduation ceremony.
- Pascal Nitiema, MIS doctoral student accepts faculty position in the Department of Information Systems at the W.P. Carey School of Business, Arizona State University.
- The International Conference of Information Systems (ICIS) 2021 concluded successfully with MIS faculty, Dr Shaila Miranda, serving as the overall Conference Program Co-Chair.
Other faculty and doctoral students who were involved at ICIS were:
Rajendra Singh - Review Coordinator, Matt Jensen - Track Co-Chair, Heshan Sun – Member, Award Committee, Jonathan Ye – Session Chair and Coordinator.
Naveen Kumar - Track Associate Editor and Best Associate Editor Award Winner.
Doctoral students, Andy Xing, Bachazile Sikhonde, Michael Mathews – Review team volunteers
Congratulations to MIS Division students, faculty and staff!
- MIS Division’s undergraduate degree earned the No 1 spot in the Top 15 Bachelor’s Degrees in Management Information Systems Degree in 2021 by Best Value Schools (https://www.bestvalueschools.org/management-information-systems-degree/)
The MIS division includes a vibrant group of faculty, staff and students, collaborating to develop student skills, research and advance knowledge on information technologies for organizational use. Since its inception in 1995, the division has grown and thrived as a place for high quality information technology education and research.
Some of our division highlights include the following:
- An MIS undergraduate program with a history of excellent placement record, high starting salaries for students, and ranked as No 1 among Bachelor’s Degrees in MIS in 2021 by Best Value Schools.
- A nationally ranked graduate program with emphasis in Business Analytics and a doctoral program with a good placement record.
- World-renowned faculty, who have earned teaching and research awards, serve on major MIS journal editorial boards, and obtain externally funded grants. See recent publications.
- Scholarships are awarded every year to meritorious students. In 2021, based on generous donations of MIS alumni and corporate donors, such as American Fidelity, ConocoPhillips, Hobby Lobby, Love’s, One Gas, OneOK, Opportune, Paycom, Pioneer Natural Resources, Valero, Williams, and others, over 50 students received scholarships ranging from $1000 to $5000
- An active industry-academia partnership through the Center for MIS Studies, Member companies collaborate with faculty, support student recruiting and development. Please see some of our member companies at: http://www.ou.edu/price/mis/cmiss/membership
- MIS student association is an active social and study group that is also a student chapter of the Association of Information Systems.
- Programs and faculty have been nationally ranked with the Graduate program currently ranked in the Top 25 graduate programs in Business Data Analytics in the country, by The Financial Engineer Times (TFE), and the MIS undergraduate programs have been ranked among the Top 20 programs in the nation by US News and World Report.