Scholarships for International Students
OU Scholarships in the Centralized Academic Scholarship Hub (CASH)
There are many OU scholarships in the Centralized Academic Scholarship Hub (CASH). The system allows current students to apply for most OU scholarships in one central location, with one deadline.
OU Scholarships outside the Centralized Academic Scholarship Hub (CASH)
These scholarships must be applied for individually.
International Student from Denmark, Finland, Norway or Sweden enrolled in a degree-seeking program
Iranian students with a significant financial need.
In addition to meeting the eligibility criteria, applicants are required to submit a 1-3-page essay responding to the following question: "If you were taking an American student to visit Iran, what places or cultural events would you want him or her to experience?"
|International Student Emergency Relief Scholarship||**The International Student Emergency Relief Scholarship is not currently accepting applications. Please check back for updates.**|
|OU International Student Pandemic Scholarship||(See full description below)|
OU International Student Pandemic Scholarship
*Offered while funds are available*
This scholarship is designed to provide relief to international students who have been financially impacted by COVID-19 or COVID-related closures. Up to $1,000 will be given to individuals who can demonstrate their need and its relation to the current global pandemic. This grant, available to students on any of OU’s campuses, will be given on a rolling basis. A committee will determine eligibility and amount of the award.
- Must be either a part-time or full-time, regularly enrolled student at The University of Oklahoma;
- Must be an international citizen (US citizens are not eligible);
- Must not be the Donor or an immediate family member of the Donor.
- This scholarship is limited to one award per eligible international student per year while funds are available (August 1 to July 31).
- Funding is granted to students on the basis of documented, unforeseen financial need
Potentially covered costs:
- Immediate tuition or fees directly related to COVID-19
- Lost wages due to COVID-related closures
- Expenses incurred due to need to isolate
- Books, research supplies etc.
Does not include:
- Non-COVID related medical emergencies (please see the International Student Emergency Relief Scholarship)
- Loans to friends and family
- Poor financial choices
- Long-standing credit card debt
- Long-standing bursar debt
Applications are reviewed by a committee with notification typically within a week. For cases determined to merit assistance, the committee will award up to $1,000. We encourage students to set up a payment plan for medical or other bills where that is possible in order to ease the stresses associated with pending bills.
Norman Lions Club International: International Student of the Month
The Norman Lions Club provides a $200 scholarship to an exceptional international student from the University of Oklahoma during the months of October, November, February, March and April. The goals of this program are to increase the diversity of the Norman Lions Club weekly meetings and ensure that international students become exposed to one of a number of service clubs that represent a unique aspect of American culture. Contact Courtney Crowder for more information.