On-Campus Events, Visits, and Group Tours Canceled
Due to the widespread nature of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the University of Oklahoma has canceled all events, tours, and group visits to campus through July 31. Click here to review our FAQ or contact your OU admissions counselor.
The Office of Admissions & Recruitment is excited to offer campus tours for groups of prospective high school and college transfer students. These tours are available to accommodate specialized groups like high school classes or clubs (among others) that may be too large for our regularly scheduled tours.
In addition, we offer K-8 "experiences" with the option of a self-guided tour or scavenger hunt.
In order to ensure a pleasant and informative visit, please review the FAQs and guidelines below before requesting your tour. If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact us at (405) 325-2151 or email@example.com.
We can't wait to welcome you to campus!
Group Tour Guidelines
Fall 2020 Dates:
- Fall 2020 dates are TBD. Please check back at a later date.
- December tours are limited to allow students to prepare for and take finals.
- DAYS / TIMES OFFERED:
- Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday at 9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Tuesday / Thursday at 2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- MANDATORY: Groups must register or make requests 2 weeks prior to their visit.
- NOTE: Special requests may only be accommodated with enough time to plan. (Lunch, breakout sessions, etc.)
- PARKING/DROP-OFF: Only groups scheduled through our office will receive parking passes. All others will need to contact OU Parking Services. Our office can only provide parking passes to groups who have registered their visit through our office. For all other groups, please contact OU Parking Services to purchase a visitor permit at (405) 325-3311.
- MAXIMUM GROUP SIZE: 50 students plus chaperones (1 chaperone over 21 for every 12 students). We will not be able to accommodate group sizes larger than 50. Please check our Minors of Campus Policy.
- LUNCH ACCOMMODATIONS
- Cannot provide or store lunches
- On campus dining options
- Special accommodations can be requested for lunch
These guidelines apply to group tours for high school and transfer students. If you are a high school or transfer student interested in taking a general campus tour, click here.
Students should be dropped off at the Asp Ave Cul-de-sac (PDF map); busses should not drive on the Parrington Oval. Once students are dropped off busses should proceed on Jenkins and park at the Lloyd Noble Center. No parking pass is required to park at the Lloyd Noble Center.
Groups have three different options for eating on campus:
Groups can eat at Couch Restaurants ($9 per person)
To arrange this as well as payment, email Sharrie Sanders (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Groups can purchase individually priced meals at The Student Union (prices vary)
Groups can bring their own lunches for a picnic on campus
Yes, groups will need to provide one chaperone over 18 years of age for every 12 minors on campus (under the age of 18)
Groups are also required to fill out the Minors on Campus form emailed in your confirmation email. The form can be emailed to email@example.com.
Learn more at: http://www.ou.edu/web/landing/policy
OU Minors on Campus Policy
The University of Oklahoma has numerous campus locations and a variety of events that attract minors, which may be sponsored by the University or by third parties. These guidelines are meant to serve as guidance for these valuable experiences. Please note, these guidelines may not encompass each and every encounter with a minor and should be flexible depending on the circumstances and with the approval of either a supervisor in charge of the area or facility or the Office of Risk Management, in consultation with the Office of Legal Counsel. The safety of minors on campus is of utmost importance to the University and these guidelines have been approved in order to provide a safe, fun and productive educational environment.
To review the full policy, guidelines and forms: http://www.ou.edu/web/landing/policy
Visitor Guidelines for Bringing Minors to the University
The parent or guardian should provide line of sight supervision of minors at all times. A parent or guardian must assure that minors are not disruptive to others.
Parent or guardian must not leave minors unattended, including at athletic events or other University activities.
Minors are not allowed in High Risk Areas.
Groups Visiting Campus With Minors / Minors on Campus in K-12 Programs, Field Trips, or Similar Types of School / Extracurricular Group Tours / Events
Where minors are on campus due to a field trip sponsored by a K-12 school or similarly sponsored event (“Field Trip”), the University contact must ensure a contact person for the K-12 school is identified, must obtain basic information for the event, and must advise the Office of Risk Management of all this information.
- The Field Trip location should be inspected either by other appropriate University officials for safety purposes, e.g. facilities management or lab supervisor where students touring lab facility.
- Employees in the area should be made aware of the minors’ presence in the area and advised to report any suspected child abuse or neglect in accordance with Section I.
- Any issues or suspicious activity not otherwise addressed in these guidelines should be reported to the University contact, the Office of Risk Management, or OUPD as appropriate.
- The Event Planning Checklist(s),attached as Attachment A ,is provided for your convenience to suggest additional items to consider and address; however, not all of the items may be applicable in any given situation. This form should not be returned to the Office of Risk Management.
- Form F – link to Form F must be submit for every group tour that visits campus.
Additional Guidelines to Follow:
- You must ensure that you follow appropriate drop-off and pick-up schedules and locations.
- At no time may you leave a minor unattended or in the care of a person that is not a supervisor.
- Generally, there should be a supervision ratio of at least one adult supervisor for every 12 minors. Please ask your Head Supervisor for proper ratios depending on the age of the minors and the nature of the activities.
- Minor should use the buddy system for restroom break sand should check in and out with the supervisor for restroom breaks.
- Groups will have a presentation with an admissions counselor followed by a 1 hour walking campus tour.
- The tour will include North and South Oval of campus and will not include housing or any of the athletic facilities.
- OU will also provide the group organizer with OU information and materials to be passed out to the students.
The information provided allows us to start communicating with students about the college admissions process.
In order to provide the best campus experience for visitors, we limit the size of each tour group to 17 people. Due to student tour guide schedules and daily individual tours, we are unable to provide the adaquate number of tour guides for groups larger than 50.