The Office of Admissions & Recruitment is excited to offer campus tours for groups of prospective high school and college transfer students. These tours are available to accommodate specialized groups like high school classes or clubs (among others) that may be too large for our regularly scheduled tours.
In addition, we offer K-8 "experiences" with the option of a self-guided tour or scavenger hunt.
In order to ensure a pleasant and informative visit, please review the FAQs and guidelines below before requesting your tour. If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact us at (405) 325-2151 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can't wait to welcome you to campus!
Group Tour Guidelines
- Advanced notice: two weeks
- Days offered: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays ONLY
- Maximum group size: 50 students plus chaperones (1 chaperone over 18 for every 12 students)
- We will be unable to accommodate groups larger than 50 students.
- December and May tours are limited to allow student tour guides time to prepare and take their finals
- The Office of Admissions & Recruitment is unable to provide or store lunches
*These guidelines apply to group tours for high school and transfer students. If you are a high school or transfer student interested in taking a general campus tour, click here.
Students should be dropped off at the Asp Ave Cul-de-sac (PDF map); busses should not drive on the Parrington Oval. Once students are dropped off busses should proceed on Jenkins and park at the Lloyd Noble Center. No parking pass is required to park at the Lloyd Noble Center.
Groups have three different options for eating on campus:
Groups can eat at Couch Restaurants ($9 per person)
To arrange this as well as payment, email Sharrie Sanders (email@example.com)
Groups can purchase individually priced meals at The Student Union (prices vary)
Groups can bring their own lunches for a picnic on campus
Yes, groups will need to provide one chaperone over 18 years of age for every 12 minors on campus (under the age of 18)
Groups are also required to fill out the Minors on Campus form emailed in your confirmation email. The form can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more at: http://www.ou.edu/web/landing/policy
- Groups will have a presentation with an admissions counselor followed by a 1 hour walking campus tour.
- The tour will include North and South Oval of campus and will not include housing or any of the athletic facilities.
- OU will also provide the group organizer with OU information and materials to be passed out to the students.
The information provided allows us to start communicating with students about the college admissions process.
In order to provide the best campus experience for visitors, we limit the size of each tour group to 17 people. Due to student tour guide schedules and daily individual tours, we are unable to provide the adaquate number of tour guides for groups larger than 50.