- Full Time
Dispatchers receive incoming telephone calls, including emergency 911 calls for assistance. Dispatchers operate computer terminals, communicate with other police staff using two-way radios, and communicate with people outside the department including telephone, radio and computer messages.
Dispatchers monitor and dispatch alarms, enter information into a computer, complete required reports and forms, and perform other law enforcement and security duties as required.
Dispatcher applicants should have the ability to: speak clear and concise English; hear well and see well (including color, depth perception, and clarity); willingness to wear and maintain uniforms. Must be willing to conform to a department appearance standard.
Dispatcher applicants should have no felony convictions, crimes of moral turpitude, or inordinate misdemeanor/traffic convictions (good driving record). Hiring is contingent on police background and records checks. Required applicant documents: Resume and a list of references.
Applicants must obtain a background check packet from the OU Police Department HQ (2775 Monitor Ave., Norman, OK 73072-7857), complete and return it before an interview will be scheduled.
- Starting pay: $15.43/hour; $32,094 per year.
- Job Title: Dispatcher. OU Job requisition number*: 220906
- 11 paid holidays per year;
- 18 hours of paid time off per month;
- Retirement package;
- Uniforms and equipment provided;
- Tuition assistance;
- A comprehensive University benefits package: medical and dental plan options, short-term disability, long-term disability, fixed and optional retirement plans, flexible spending accounts for health and child care expenses;
- Life insurance.
· 18 years of age;
· High school or GED;
· Driver's License;
· Pass background investigation;
To apply for a Dispatcher position with OUPD, your first step is to visit jobs.ou.edu website of the OU Human Resources department and complete an application for a listed OUPD job opening. Once that applicaiton is completed, download, print and complete the OU Police Department "Personal History Statement for Applicants". Once completed, mail or deliver the completed Personal History Statement and associated signed Waiver to:
Univ. of Okla. Police HQ
Attn: Major Ralph Sade
2775 Monitor Ave.
Norman, OK 73072-7857
For more information, contact:
- Major Ralph Sade Phone: 325-5120 or 325-2864