Email Dr. Wilhelm
Postdoctoral Fellow (2017): Institute of Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering, University of Toronto, ON, Canada
Ph.D. in Chemistry (2014): Institute of Analytical Chemistry, Chemo- and Biosensors, University of Regensburg, Germany
Engineering nanotechnology for detection, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases. Specific research interest include:
- Cancer nanomedicine
- Immunoengineering and immunomodulation
- Nanotechnology-biology (“nano-bio”) interactions
- Three-dimensional optical imaging
(6) S. Wilhelm, "Perspectives for Upconverting Nanoparticles", ACS Nano, 2017, 11, 10644–10653.
(5) A. M. Syed*, S. Sindhwani*, S. Wilhelm, B. R. Kingston, D. S. W. Lee, J. L. Gommerman, W. C. W. Chan, "Three-dimensional imaging of transparent tissues via metal nanoparticle labeling", JACS, 2017, 139, 9961-9971.
Highlighted on journal cover page (JACS; Volume: 139; Issue: 29; July 26, 2017).
(4) S. Sindhwani*, A. M. Syed*, S. Wilhelm, D. R. Glancy, Y. Y. Chen, M. Dobosz, W. C. W. Chan, "Three-dimensional optical mapping of nanoparticle distribution in intact tissues", 2016, ACS Nano, 10, 5468-5478.
Highlighted on journal cover page (ACS Nano; Volume: 10; Issue: 5; May 24, 2016).
(3) S. Wilhelm, A. J. Tavares, Q. Dai, S. Ohta, J. Audet, H. F. Dvorak, W. C. W. Chan, "Analysis of nanoparticle delivery to tumours", Nature Reviews Materials, 2016, 1, 16014.
Highlighted on journal cover page (Nature Reviews Materials; Volume: 1; Issue: 5; May 5, 2016).
(2) S. Wilhelm, M. Kaiser, C. Würth, J. Heiland, C. Carrillo-Carrion, V. Muhr, W. J. Parak, O. S. Wolfbeis, U. Resch-Genger, T. Hirsch, "Water dispersible upconverting nanoparticles: effects of surface modification on their luminescence and colloidal stability", Nanoscale, 2015, 7, 1403-1410.
(1) S. Wilhelm, M. Del Barrio, J. Heiland, S. F. Himmelstoß, J. Galbán, O. S. Wolfbeis, T. Hirsch, "Spectrally matched upconverting luminescent nanoparticles for monitoring enzymatic reactions", ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2014, 6, 15427-15433.
For a complete list of publications please see Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=SQK2G8gAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=sra