Health/Mental Health Resources
Goddard Health Center is still open Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm.
People with fevers or respiratory symptoms must call ahead before entering the building. 405-325-8732
For information about your health coverage as an international student, visit the HR Student Health Plan webpage, or contact the Student Health Plan office by phone at (405) 325-2961. Additionally, please visit https://ou.myahpcare.com/
The ISS website has additional information about healthcare for international students.
Information for new students: You will be covered by the OU Student Health Plan starting on August 19, 2020. If you arrive in the US prior to August 19th, we strongly recommend that you get travel insurance coverage until August 19th. Due to the pandemic and expensive healthcare in the US, we recommend purchasing traveler’s insurance that would cover a medical travel emergency or COVID-related expenses.
- OUHSC Student Counseling Services: Wellness Apps (PDF)
Digital Resources and Health Promotion is expanding resources online every day.
- Patient Education Library for common health issues: http://www.ou.edu/healthservices/patient-education---brochures
- NEW: Online Resources (Blogs, Vlogs, activities, external resources) http://www.ou.edu/healthservices/health-promotion/online
- Written by peer health educators and OUHS staff
The University of Oklahoma Food Pantry provides free supplemental food assistance to OU Norman Campus students, faculty and staff.
- All OU community is eligible for the OU Food Pantry
- Food, toiletries, and household items are available.
- For more information and to request items, please visit their website.
Norman Public Schools has a free meal option for any child under the age of 18 regardless of where the child attends school.
- University Counseling Center - able to do same-day appointments via phone or zoom, and they are extending counseling services through the summer for students who are graduating in May. Currently there’s no copay for mental health services due to COVID-19 and UCC will waive fees for students who graduated once their insurance expires.
- Emotional Wellness During the COVID-19 Outbreak for International Students
- National Domestic Violence Hotline - 1-800-799-7233
- OU Advocates - 405-615-0013 (can also accept WhatsApp)
- International Student Support Group - every Friday at 12 (information below)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255. No matter what problems you’re dealing with, whether or not you’re thinking about suicide, if you need someone to lean on for emotional support, you can call the Lifeline. People call to talk about lots of things: substance abuse, economic worries, relationships, sexual identity, getting over abuse, depression, mental and physical illness, and loneliness, etc..