OU CINS has a vibrant academic program with several unique qualities:
- Strong emphasis on experiential learning and structured problem solving.
- Diverse pool of high-quality STEM, critical languages, and social/behavioral science students.
- Target advanced undergraduate students and/or graduate students to reinforce existing competencies and provide new competencies.
- Academically rigorous requiring a minimum 3.0 GPA (4.0 scale) to earn the Certificate.
- Educational enrichment experience scholarships awarded competitively to support study abroad.
- Summer institute taught overseas by OU CINS faculty.
- Active engagement of IC professionals in mentoring students.
Certificate in Intelligence Studies
The University of Oklahoma Center for Intelligence and National Security offers a 9 credit hour Certificate in Intelligence Studies. Students are required to complete courses from an approved list of courses that develop critical thinking ability, writting and oral presentation skills, and substantive knowledge. If you are unable to complete 9 credit hours from the approved list of courses, we will consider applications based upon equivalent course work. The certificate provides the general knowledge and skills necessary for meeting the International Assocaition for Intelligence Education's professional and intellectual standards for graduates of intelligence education programs.