How to Apply
The deadline to apply to our program is JANUARY 15, 2023.
You can apply to our graduate program in two different ways (option 1 and option 2 below). Both methods ask for the same materials and have the same January 15, 2023 deadline. All materials submitted via option 1 or option 2 are evaluated in the same way, at the same time, by the graduate recruiting and selection committee. Please see the Application FAQs, linked to the left, application tips, and frequently asked questions.
OPTION 1 (FEE-BASED). Use the official online application and pay the application fee ($50 for US applicants and $100 for international applicants). Click here for the link to the online application. The material you'll be asked to submit include: general application material, a CV, a personal statement, transcripts, contact information for 3 people to provide confidential letters of reference, and TOEFL or IELTS scores (for international applicants). General and physics GRE scores are not required. Be sure to consult the Application FAQs for guidance on how to prepare your application, and answers to frequently asked questions.
Some tips for the online application:
- Select "Norman Campus"
- Select "College of Arts & Sciences: Physics" for the program
OPTION 2 (NO FEE). Email all of your materials directly to our department (PA-Grad@ou.edu). This is the no-fee application option. General and physics GRE scores are not required. Be sure to consult the Application FAQs for guidance on how to prepare your application, and answers to frequently asked questions.
The material you need to submit are:
- The general application (docx)
- A CV
- A statement of purpose
- Please have 3 professional references email confidential letters of recommendation directly to us at: PA-Grad@ou.edu We do not send them a separate message asking for letters on your behalf
- Transcripts (official or unofficial) from all colleges or universities you have attended.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (Required for some international applicants. Scores are not required if you reside or have graduated from a school in countries compiled here.
Please see this website for clarification on English proficiency scores.
For tips about how to construct your application and answers to frequently asked questions, please see our Application FAQ or contact us at PA-Grad@ou.edu