Gallogly College of Engineering
- OU Students: Contact the Williams Student Services Center or visit the web site for each program in the Gallogly College of Engineering at their GCOE Academic website for details
- Transfer Students
- Resident - fewer than 60 hours 2.5 GPA; 60 or more hours 2.0 GPA
- Nonresident - 3.0 GPA
- Current OU students who meet the admission requirements may declare a major in thie college through a Gallogly College of Engineering academic counselor at any time during the semester.
- Note: Beginning the 11th week of the semester, a change in major will be reflected on a student's transcript for the the following semester. Colleges may wait until the end of the semester to review a student's final grades before approving/processing a major change.
- Students who have been dismissed from the Mewbourne of Earth and Energy will be not considered for admission to the Gallogly College of Engineering except by review.
Williams Student Services Center (WSSC) office: 112 Felgar Hall
Phone: (405) 325-4096 Advising website
Q. Who is my advisor?
A. Students are advised by teams of professional advisors and faculty advisors in respective engineering areas. Current advisors and their assignments are listed on the WSSC advising website.
Q. When should I be advised?
A. Students are required to be advised prior to each enrollment period.
All undergraduate students who have been admitted to the Gallogly College of Engineering should begin the enrollment process in the Williams Student Services Center (WSSC), Suite 112 Felgar Hall. New transfer students should schedule an appointment with an academic counselor in WSSC before enrolling for their first semester.
All students meet with faculty advisors in their major, so it is important to have declared a specific major by the time they are advised. Instructions for meeting with faculty advisors will be provided by the department to the students via their OU e-mail account. Students may also contact their school directly if they have questions about faculty advising for the upcoming term. Students are responsible for completing all necessary grade and prerequisites for courses in which they enroll.
Services provided by the Williams Student Services Center (WSSC) staff are available to all engineering undergraduates, including engineering majors in University College, and include assisting with transfer credit evaluation, choosing a major, graduation verification as well as information about University policies and procedures, academic support services such as tutoring and mentoring, and student organizations and leadership.