Student Worker Assistance Team (SWAT)
The Student Worker Assistance Team (SWAT) allows departments to hire Federal Work Study student employees on a termporary basis at no cost to their department.
Our goal is to provide opportunity for more FWS student employment at OU, as well as to provide students an opportunity to make connections with campus departments and staff.
Federal Work Study
Student Worker Assistance Team
- Students are hired and paid through Financial Aid Services.
- Students are FERPA trained.
- Students submit their semester schedule of availability to FAS.
- Departments logon to the SWAT scheduler and reserve a student to work for them during the time they are available.
- Students can be reserved up to 8 days in advance.
- SWAT students are not available during summer semester.
- Sign In Sheets should be submitted via fax or email bi-weekly on the Friday of the pay period ending date.
- There is no limit to the number of requests you can make; however, each request cannot last for more than 4 weeks.
- All jobs must be located within walking distance of the main Norman campus
(North of Timberdell). Some students may be willing to travel South of Timberdell. Please contact us if you would like to make a special request.