Value of an OU Degree
OU students are surrounded by opportunities to gain valuable, real-world experiences that make their OU degree worth the investment. Thanks to Career Services, a strong alumni network and educators with industry connections, students are in good hands to find opportunities for success. We're proud to be recognized by The Princeton Review as a "college that pays you back."
- Of those reporting that they were seeking employment, 87% accepted a position within 6 months of graduation. (61% reporting)
- 18% of OU graduates reported going on to pursue further education
- The mean reported salary for OU graduates was $57,034 compared to the preliminary national average of $52,569 (NACE fall 2016 Salary Survey)
- Over 200 companies conducted over 4,300 on-campus interviews
- Each college hosts their own career fair, but Career Services hosts 12 career, job and internship fairs over the year in various industries. Over 6,300 students attended these fairs.
- Sooner Showcase Career Fair
- Engineering Career Fair
- Construction Science Career Fair
- Journalism & Mass Communication Career and Internship Fair
- Spring Career Fair
- College of Architecture Career and Internship Fair
- Teacher Job Fair
- Non-Profit Internship Fair
- OU Aviation Career & Internship Fair
- Greater Grads Career Fair
- College of Atmospheric and Geographic Sciences Career Fair
- OU Biomedical Engineering Career Fair
Who Recruits Your Major?
OU's Tools for Success
Students meet with their academic advisors each semester to stay on track and to create a plan for graduation. Advisors are experts in degree program requirements and can provide valuable advice and information about getting the most out of your OU experience!
Graduation Planners are provided at your first enrollment meeting, filled with campus history, class and enrollment information, guide to academics and more! The planners are meant for Sooners to stay on track to graduate with ease.
The Alumni Association provides members a networking outlet to visit with old friends and to meet other Sooners in their area. It helps keep alumni informed of campus activities as well as sponsor events, such as watch parties, picnics, special guest speakers, and numerous other fun activities.
The Alumni Ambassador program empowers alumni to engage in the recruitment process and attract the best students to the University of Oklahoma. Ambassadors attend OU events and visits, write letters to potential students and help provide potential students with information about OU.