GME at the OU-TU School of Community Medicine
Welcome to the University of Oklahoma School of Community Medicine (OUSCM) in Tulsa. We aim to recruit, retain, and develop a diverse group of resident physicians of the highest caliber who will be shaping the future of healthcare and improving the health of our community. We work in partnership with the largest hospital systems in the areas, Hillcrest Medical Center, St. Francis Medical Center and Ascension St. John Medical Center, in addition to participating in multiple clinics throughout Tulsa.
Our goal is to provide the best training possible to help our residents achieve the competencies necessary to pursue the medical career they choose. Residency education will be provided with empathy, humanism, sound professional and ethical knowledge, and with the skills and attitudes needed to provide excellent health services.
Please explore our GME website and program-specific websites for more information about the training programs and opportunities at the OU School of Community Medicine Residency Programs, and living in Tulsa. The office of Graduate Medical Education coordinates house staff appointments and assignments. We also assist in assuring excellence in the training programs and in serving prospective, current and past residents and fellows.
We are delighted about your interest in our programs and look forward to sharing more information about Graduate Medical Education. Welcome to the OU School of Community Medicine and Tulsa, we hope you become part of our family!
Our mission is to improve the health of our community by reducing health care disparities through education, research and community service, while providing the highest quality clinical training for the physician of today and tomorrow.
Why choose an OU-TU School of Community Medicine residency or fellowship program?
- The OU-TU School of Community Medicine sponsors eight residency programs and five fellowships.
- Resident practice alongside our faculty in our outpatient and inpatient settings.
- Residents and fellows are exposed to rich opportunities that combine clinic expertise in a truly patient-centered environment.
- All programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME).
- Resident receive an excellent education in each of our programs signified by our outstanding board pass rate.
- Most importantly the attitudes of our residents and faculty are second to none.