COVID-19 Updates and Resources for OU-Tulsa
Current Response Plans
- Scheduled Visitor/Vendor FAQ - top of page
- Travel FAQ - bottom of page
COVID-19 Screening & Reporting Tools
- For all employees and students with an active OU/OUHSC login.
COVID-19 Screening & Reporting Tool - Updated February 16, 2021
All University of Oklahoma employees, resident physicians, and students, please note the UPDATED screening guidance.
The online COVID-19 Screening and Reporting Tool now includes two new criteria for faculty, staff, and students returning from international travel and from cruises, based on recent federal executive order requirements. Read on to learn more.
When do I need to complete the online COVID-19 Screening and Reporting Tool?
The online tool must be submitted before participating in on- or off-campus activity or responsibility each time you answer YES to any of the questions below:
- Are you experiencing symptoms that could be consistent with COVID-19, such as fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, recent loss of taste or smell, and/or extreme fatigue? (Please also contact a health care provider regarding specific symptoms.)
- Have you had close contact (been within 6 feet, for approximately 15 minutes or more), either at work, at home or in the community, with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days or with someone who has been tested for COVID-19 and whose results are pending in the last 14 days?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 (either on campus or off campus) within the last 14 days, or are you waiting on results for a COVID-19 test you took because you had an exposure or are having symptoms?
- NEW: Have you traveled internationally? If so, in addition to completing the Screening and Reporting Tool within 48 hours of your return, you must self-quarantine away from campus* for the period directed by OU Health Services.
- NEW: Have you taken a domestic or international cruise? If so, in addition to completing the Screening and Reporting Tool within 48 hours of your return, you must self-quarantine away from campus* for the period directed by OU Health Services.
If I have received the COVID-19 vaccine and then travel internationally or take a cruise, do I still need to complete the Online COVID-19 Screening and Reporting Tool?
Yes. At this time, even individuals who have been fully vaccinated must continue to comply with this and all other requirements of the return plan for your OU campus, linked below. At this time, the CDC has issued limited guidance on how completion of the COVID-19 vaccine series will impact exposure assessment. The university will continue to monitor and will make adjustments to this requirement as needed.
What is the status of university-related travel?
- University Domestic and International Travel – Domestic and international air travel for university-related business or academic purposes is permitted only if the travel is considered mission-critical to the university. Such travel requires completion of the online COVID-19 Screening and Reporting Tool and may result in a mandatory period of isolation from campus upon return to the state, as described above.
- Mission-critical Travel, Defined – Mission-critical travel is travel that is necessary to the university’s ability to meet its core academic, research, or operations functions. More specifically, the purpose and timing of the travel must be such that if the travel does not occur as scheduled, the university’s ability to meet its core academic, research, or operations functions is significantly impaired. Individuals who believe domestic or international travel is mission critical must contact their chair/director, or dean/vice president, who will consider factors such as timing, State Department/CDC travel advisories for the destination(s), impact on competitive advantage, and actions of peer institutions, to make a written recommendation to the Senior Vice President and Provost for approval.
Please note that under the new protocols, individuals returning from international travel or from domestic or international cruises generally will have to quarantine/isolate from campus for 7 days and receive a negative test prior to return. Faculty or staff traveling internationally or taking cruises must be prepared to take leave (paid or unpaid, as appropriate) during the quarantine/isolation period communicated by OU Health Services, particularly if their position or responsibilities are not approved for or appropriate for remote work. Students should take this isolation requirement into consideration and review their academic obligations when making cruise or international travel plans.
Given the unique nature of the programs at OU-Tulsa campus, our health care mission, and our patient populations, this screening requirement is an important effort we can implement to stop the spread of COVID-19.
*A medical professional will be in contact with you, typically within 24 hours following submission of your form. Based on a medical professional's review of your information utilizing criteria developed by public health and infectious disease experts, you may be directed to observe a self-isolation period up to 14 days. Employees are encouraged to discuss their scheduling, in advance, with supervisors. Because COVID-19 remains a fluid situation and University policies will continue to be modified, Student and Employee Health clinic staff will not be able to give travel guidance relative to future travel and whether or not isolation will be required.
If you have already submitted an online form within the COVID-19 Screening & Reporting Tool, please follow directions provided in the confirmation email. If not auto-cleared, a member of Student & Employee Health will contact you as soon as possible. Repeated calls to Student & Employee Health will only slow down the review process for all constituents. To report a new potential exposure or symptoms, please submit a new online form and wait to return to campus; please do not call to determine whether a new form may be necessary.
- OU-Tulsa Campus: OU-Tulsa Student & Employee Health at 918-660-3102 or TulsaStudentHealth@ouhsc.edu
- OU Health Sciences Center Campus: HSC Student and Employee Health at 405-271-2577 or email Employee-Health@ouhsc.edu
- OU Norman Campus: Goddard Health Center nurse line 405-325-8732 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need assistance accessing the online screening tool with your OU/OUHSC assigned login and password, please contact your campus IT Help Desk.
Scheduled campus visitors, vendors, and new employees on the OU-Tulsa campus without OU/OUHSC login credentials should complete the separate online screening tool found here.