Student Organization Resource Office (SORO)
Established in 2004 by a generous grant from the Office of the President, SORO is dedicated to the AV needs of students and student organizations alike--allowing RSOs to rent AV equipment free of charge.
SORO is located in room 181 on the first floor of the Conoco Student Leadership Wing of the Oklahoma Memorial Union (OMU) and operates between the hours of 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. You can reach SORO by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out procedure is as follows for SORO:
Each RSO must complete the appropriate form before equipment can be reserved and checked out. Please select the SORO FORM on ENGAGE.
- The equipment possibly available for check out: Mac Adapter, Extension Cord, Power Strip, Wireless Laser Presenter Pen, Magnetic Card Reader, Projector and a few tables and chairs.
- Please plan ahead by filling out the form and getting approval from your RSO advisor before things are needed. It is a planned, approved, *1st come - 1st served basis*
Failure to follow policies warrants the following fines and consequences:
- 1st offense: organization will be sent a written warning via email about the infraction with equipment.
- 2nd offense: organization will have reservation privileges suspended for one month.
- 3rd offense: organization will have reservation privileges suspended for the remained of the semester.
All organization equipment reservations are suspended until fines are paid.
- 1 minute - 6 hours late: $50 fine
- 6 hours - 1 day late: $100 fine
- 1 - 2 days late: $200 fine and suspension of reservation privileges for one week beginning on the day the equipment is returned
- 2 - 5 days late: $200 fine and loss of reservation privileges for one month beginning on day the equipment is returned
- 5+ days late: organization will be charged for the full amount of equipment and reservation privileges are suspended for remainder of semester