by Jessica Patel
OU Online recently launched a new tool to help students stay on track academically. Tutor.com, a robust online tutoring service with many features including a writing center, is accessible through your Canvas online learning platform. The online service provides academic support and flexibility regardless of when or where you need help.
Here are six things you need to know about Tutor.com:
1. It's free. Using Tutor.com as an OU Online student doesn't cost anything additional to you.
2. On demand availability. Most subjects are offered 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This allows you to get tutoring when you need it on a virtual platform that is convenient for you.
3. Knowledgeable experts. The tutors are knowledgeable about their subjects and skilled at online tutoring.
4. One-on-one sessions. Tutors meet with you individually, so they can focus solely on your specific needs during your session.
5. Additional resources. Tutor.com can provide you with other resources, such as tips, study skills, time management, resume building, career development and more.
6. The writing center. Tutor.com includes a writing center. You can either schedule a writing session to get feedback live, or you can submit a paper and get feedback returned within 24 hours.
OU Online is excited to offer this tool, and we can’t wait to see you conquer your academic endeavors using this additional resource. Log in to your Canvas account and get started today.
Interested in learning more about resources for online students? Visit our website to learn how you can get the most out of your time at the University of Oklahoma.