The University of Oklahoma is committed to ensuring equal access to individuals with disabilities. The Accessibility and Disability Resource Center (ADRC) has worked with the Office of the Provost and other administrative offices to provide resources and guidance to faculty regarding reasonable accommodations for students while the University is teaching online classes.
- We are working with faculty and administration to identify a means to record the lectures. Students who receive audio recording as an accommodation are welcome to record lectures yourself.
- If you receive accessible course materials as an accommodation, your instructors have been contacted by the ADRC through email with instructions on creating any course materials in an accessible format, so you can still utilize your screen-reading software. We also encourage you to reach out to your instructors as well to notify them of any accommodation.
- Lectures will be captioned for those students for whom visual/written information is needed. Please note: It may take 24 hours for the information to be captioned. Your instructors are aware that consideration is made for any required assignments.
- Please let us know if you have any questions or difficulties with class time/lecture information.
- If you have requested accommodations through our online system this semester, your instructors have received an accommodation notification with any exam accommodations.
- Instructors have been informed on how to extend time on exams to meet your extended time needs and we encourage you to email them as well with any exam accommodation.
- If you receive stop-out time as an accommodation, instructors will extend the time on your exam to 1.5X the standard exam time. If you receive both extended time (1.5X) and stop-out time, the exam time will be extended to 2X the standard exam length.
- Instructors will be emailed individually with any specific accommodation needs, such as Wynn Wizard, voice recognition and/or voice synthetization software, and other specific exam accommodations.
If you have specific exam questions, please do not hesitate to let us know. You can reach to the ADRC at (405) 325-3852 or email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please visit Accessibility section of the Learn Anywhere Frequently Asked Questions for the latest information.