Submitting Transcripts, Test Scores and Other Credentials
Transcript Submission - When you apply
Applicants must disclose all colleges or universities previously attended on their graduate application. Failure to list any college or university attendance on the application may be grounds for expulsion from The University of Oklahoma.
However, OU's Graduate College only requires that applicants submit a transcript from the institution where they earned their most recent degree in order to be considered for admission.**
- If you have both a bachelor’s and a master’s degree, you must provide a copy of the transcript from your master’s degree.
- If you are currently in a degree program and will complete that degree before you intend to start your graduate program at OU, please upload your most transcript from that school.
- The transcript should only be lacking no more than 1-2 semesters (i.e. one year of coursework).
- To submit unofficial transcripts, unofficial GRE, IELTS, and TOEFL score reports and other applicaiton materials before you submit your application
- Upload your materials to your application, and submit your application
- To submit unofficial transcripts, unofficial GRE, IELTS, and TOEFL score reports and other application materials after you submit your application
- Upload these documents to your Application Status Page
Uploading your latest degree transcript with your application will minimize your application's review time. We do not accept "advisory" or "student portal" transcripts.
**Some graduate programs require that an applicant submit transcript from all college/universities previously attended. Please check with your graduate program for more information.
Transcript Submission - After Admission
If you are admitted, you must submit official academic transcripts from all institutions where you earned a degree (bachelor's or higher). The final transcript must show all grades earned and the degree conferred. Students should request their degree schools mail an official transcript directly to Graduate College Admissions.
Graduate College Admissions
Robertson Hall, Room 213
731 Elm Avenue
Norman, OK 73019
- To submit official transcripts
- Send your official transcripts electronically via e-Script, National Clearinghouse or Parchment transcript services - select University of Oklahoma-Graduate Admissions
- All admitted students who do not have access to the electronic transcript services, particularly international students, should send their official transcripts and degree certificates to our office. We receive mail, including mail sent via the global mail services (i.e. DHL, FedEx, UPS, etc.).
- International students who only have one student-issued official transcript and degree certificate should contact their assigned admissions counselor to schedule an appointment to review their credentials.
- To submit official electronic GRE, IELTS, and TOEFL score reports
- TOEFL and IELTS - we accept the TOEFL iBT, TOEFL iBT Home Edition, IELTS Academic, and the IELTS Indicator exams.
- Send to University of Oklahoma
- For GRE and TOEFL-Institution Code: 6879
Official vs. Unofficial
Unofficial transcripts are uploaded as part of the application process.
- Both the official and the unofficial transcript contain the same information about a student’s academic record: a chronological list of classes, grades, and credits. However, photocopies or scans of original documents are unofficial.
- Any transcript you (the applicant) upload to the application or email to Graduate Admissions is considered unofficial.
- Official transcripts are the original documents issued by the institution.
- An official transcript is delivered in a sealed envelope which should not be opened by anyone except the Graduate College Admissions. An official transcript is a legal document and includes distinguishing marks such as the Registrar’s signature, the college seal, and the date it was issued.
- We do accept official, electronic transcripts from e-Script, National Student Clearinghouse, and Parchment transcript services. Electronic transcripts should be sent to the University of Oklahoma - Graduate Admissions, email - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: All transcripts, test scores, correspondence, or other materials submitted in conjunction with an application for admission become the permanent property of the University and will not be returned. Should you need copies of your transcripts for other purposes, you must obtain them from the originating institution(s).
Helpful tips regarding transcripts
- If you have received a degree (bachelor’s or higher) from a country outside of the United States, note that the WES evaluation is not sufficient. OU Graduate Admissions will require a copy of the original transcript (with translation) at the time of application.
- Applicants from India must submit individual semester mark sheets that show all fails and repeats at the time of application (if applicable).
- Domestic applicants may choose to submit official transcripts via Parchment or Escript services provided the transcripts are sent directly from the granting institution to OU.