This portion of our website collects resources on each of our nine focal virtues. Resources include scholarly books and articles, popular media articles, videos and more.
General Resources on Virtue and Flourishing
- Battaly, H. (2015). Virtue. Malden, MA: Polity Press.
- Hursthouse, R. (1999). On virtue ethics. New York: Oxford University Press.
Virtue in Education
- Baehr, J. (2013) Educating for intellectual virtues: From theory to practice. Journal of Philosophy of Education 47(2), 248-262. (PDF)
- Baehr, J. (2015). Cultivating good minds: A philosophical and practical guide to educating for intellectual virtues. Available online at Educating for Intellectual Virtues.
- Snow, N. & Beck, S. (2018). Teaching virtue. A. Zimmerman, K. Jones & M. Timmons (Eds.), Routledge Handbook of Moral Epistemology. Available on Taylor & Francis eBooks.