POLICIES + PROCEDURES
Payment must be received prior to making an appointment.
Purchased sessions expire at the end of each semester if the client has not trained during that semester.
Appointments must be made at least two business days in advance or facilitate through your trainer.
Please arrive on time for your appointment. Your trainer will meet you at the front desk of the Sarkeys Fitness Center unless other arrangements have been made.
Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours in advance. Clients will be charged for sessions cancelled less than 24 hours in advance. Exceptions to this may be granted by the Fitness and Outreach Coordinator for documented illness.
Personal training sessions are generally one hour.
The first personal training appointment is your Initial Assessment. The Initial Assessment typically lasts longer than one hour. It will include a review of your medical history, goals, fitness assessment, and an exercise prescription. The fitness assessment includes taking your resting blood pressure, resting heart rate, body composition, exercise heart rate, exercise blood pressure, muscular strength, and muscular endurance.
- Please have the Medical History Form completed prior to your arrival. This will provide you more quality time with your trainer.
- Exercise should not be performed the day of your assessment.
- Do not eat or smoke two hours prior to your assessment appointment. Also, avoid caffeine and alcohol.
- Avoid using lotion.
Wear athletic attire:
- Gym shorts and a t-shirt are preferred (no jeans).
- Women: please wear a sports bra.
- Shoes must be non-marking and closed-toe.
Medical History Form
Please fill out this medical history form prior to your first personal training session.