Best Practice Requirements
Fit+Rec is committed to providing an inspiring and clean environment for you to attain your fitness goals. We are closely monitoring coronavirus developments and our team is taking the necessary precautions to ensure you can work out as safely as possible in our facilities. While we cleaned regularly before coronavirus, we are ramping up our sanitation and we are asking you to join us in committing to the health of the university community. In spite of our combined best efforts, the university cannot guarantee you will not be exposed to coronavirus.
To create as safe of a place as possible, staff will clean and sanitize high touch areas of the facility throughout hours of operation on a rotating basis and after close. Cleaning chemicals will meet EPA approved and/or CDC guidelines for disinfecting viruses like COVID-19.
Based on ever-changing COVID-19 recommendations, these best practices and expectations may change. The hope is that these expectations will be increasingly minimized to reflect a “normal” state based on data and clearance through health professionals at the university.
- Wear a surgical-style face mask at all times unless in the water or shower.
- Use hand sanitizer when entering the facility.
- Abide by social distancing of at least 6 feet at all times including in the locker rooms, hall, and deck.
- Members should stop and wait patiently for the hallway to clear before continuing to the locker room, as needed.
- ALL swimmers must shower before entering the swimming pool or diving well.
- Lap swimming will be limited to one person per lane or up to two people per household. Swimmers will need to maintain a distance of at least 6 feet at all times. Lane entry will be designated so that swimmers do not enter lanes immediately next to each other. Instead, they will enter every other lane at opposite ends of the pool. In this way, swimmers will be a minimum of 6 feet and more likely at least 12 feet away from each other at all times.
- No sunbathing allowed at this time.
- Spectators are not allowed at this time.
- Anyone not adhering to these requirements may be asked to leave the facility.