Master of Science Online Option
The online Master of Science in Industrial and Systems Engineering program provides a strong combination of methods and applications. Students can take advantage of faculty expertise in three areas: aerospace and defense, health and medical systems, and critical infrastructures. The online graduate program centers around preparing students to solve real-world problems to optimize processes, systems, investments, and organizations in nearly every industry. Students develop technical capabilities as well as professional skills including leadership, teamwork, and communication.
Information on the Online M.S. Option
The Master of Science in Industrial and Systems Engineering is a fully online program that can be completed in as little as 24 months. It features:
- 11 courses totaling 33 credit hours
- A blend of asynchronous coursework and live online class sessions
- Elective courses for students to tailor their degree to a specific professional interest
Course Topics Include:
- Intelligent Data Analytics
- Data-Driven Decision Making I
- Data-Driven Decision Making II
- Systems Optimization
- Advanced Analytics and Metaheuristics
- Systems Analysis Using Simulation
- Systems Engineering
- Advanced Human Factors and Ergonomics
- Decision Analysis
The program culminates with a Capstone project, in which students synthesize concepts across the entire program. Students will work with their advisor in the creation and presentation of the capstone project.
Costs for the program include:
- $32,505 (33 credit hours at $985 per credit hour)*
- $350 tuition deposit due upon enrollment
- Books and materials are additional costs
Financial Aid is available to qualifying students. For more information, please contact the Department of OU Online Financial Aid at email@example.com.
*Tuition and fees are subject to change at the discretion of the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education.
and/or Mathematics (STEM) discipline. Prerequisites for the program include Engineering Calculus I and II. A Linear Algebra course is recommended, though not required.
Applicants must complete the following:
- Complete an online application at: https://gograd.ou.edu/apply/
- Submit a current resume
- Provide official transcripts from all institutions attended
- Submit a personal statement
We do not require applicants to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). We accept applications on a rolling basis. Applications are reviewed individually.
For more information on the admissions process, please complete the contact form and an admissions counselor will be in touch shortly.