Call for Faculty Fellows
The Center for Faculty Excellence (CFE) provides support and skill development to help faculty enhance teaching, extend research and creative activities, engage in their communities, & foster leadership in an environment that encourages a culture of support, inclusiveness, and excellence. OU’s strategic plan further highlights the goal to “Provide best-in-class professional development for our faculty through OU’s Center for Faculty Excellence.”
The CFE requests proposals for several one-year faculty fellows (Jan.-Dec. 2021) that build upon and enhance CFE’s existing programming, resources, and activities to further support OU faculty as they develop their scholarship through research and creative activities, teaching, community engagement, and service.
All regular faculty are eligible to apply. Interested faculty should prepare 1) a one page cover letter describing their experience and interests in the proposed work, 2) a list of 3 references who may be contacted, and 3) a two-page proposal describing their plan for creating and implementing faculty development programming and other resources to support faculty excellence in one or more of the following areas:
- Supporting and enhancing research and creative activities in the Humanities and Fine Arts
- Implementing inclusive teaching practices
- Developing faculty leaders who will collaborate with faculty, staff, and students as we work towards OU’s diversity, equity, and inclusion goals
- Building and sustaining inclusive, equitable, and diverse transdisciplinary teams to identify and solve critical societal challenges
- Constructing and implementing effective mid-career faculty development activities and resources
- Supporting faculty efforts to develop new service learning experiences and/or community engaged research and creative activities.
Proposals should identify the goals of the proposed work, share an estimated timeline, discuss how the work will advance faculty development efforts at OU, and describe the expected impacts, particularly how the work leads toward the goals described in OU’s Strategic Plan. Proposed efforts should include both synchronous and asynchronous faculty development activities, as well as creation of web content or other resources that faculty can continue to utilize once the fellowship is complete. Major milestones/outputs should be distributed throughout the fellowship year.
The selected faculty fellows will work with current CFE staff and other faculty fellows to develop and implement effective and inclusive faculty development activities and resources from January-December 2021, including program development work over the summer, and will receive a 1-course release and $7500 stipend. Fellows will be expected to participate in the weekly CFE team meeting and meet with the director monthly.
Application materials should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 5th to ensure full consideration. If you have questions about the positions, or application process, please email CFE Director Megan Elwood Madden (email@example.com).