Skip Navigation

Forms and Petitions

Skip Side Navigation

Forms and Petitions

Request to exceed your maximum amount of hours per semester.

Submit form to Ellison Hall, Room 124.

Only required if Dean's approval is required to add or drop a course.

Retroactive Add

Complete the Retroactive Add petition if you only need to ADD one or more classes from a previous semester.

Retroactive Drop

Complete the Retroactive Drop petition if you only need to DROP one or more classes from a previous semester.

Retroactive Drop/Add

Complete the Retroactive Drop/Add petitition if you need to drop AND add a class from a previous semester. This form is typically used for students who need to change their credit hours for a course (e.g. going from 1 to 3 credit hours), although there may be other circumstances.

Use this form to request substitute course work to meet the university general education and college-specific foreign language requirements. Substitutions are allowed only after a student has documented that s/he is an individual with a disability as defined under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act, and that the functional impact of the disability prevents the student from completing the degree requirements as specified in the General Catalog. This requires approval from the Disability Resource Center, following receipt of acceptable documentation of the student's disability.

Complete if you need to extend a degree program or waive a college requirement.

An incomplete is designed for students who, through circumstances usually not within their control, cannot complete the last 10-30% of the required assignments in a course.

Complete the Contract if you are requesting an Incomplete.

Complete the Extension if you are completing a grade of "I" after the year deadline has elapsed, and you have your instructor's permission to do so.

Complete this petition if you have been stopped out or suspended and would like to be allowed to take classes in the Dodge Family College of Arts and Sciences again.

The Dodge Family College of Arts and Sciences Student Travel Assistance Program is on hold and TAPs are not being accepted for the Fall 2021 semester. 


The Dodge Family College of Arts and Sciences makes available a limited amount of travel funding each year for outstanding undergraduate students with a declared college major and graduate students making strong progress toward completion of a college degree program. 
Student Travel Assistance Program Request Form: Click Here (docx)


Eligibility and Guidelines

  • OU Travel Guidelines
  • OU students who have formally declared a CAS major and are in good standing academically are eligible to apply.
  • Graduate students may request up to $750 to conduct research at a remote location or present their research at a national or international conference.
  • Graduate students may request up to $500 to present their research at a regional conference.
  • Undergraduate students may request up to $500 for any academic travel.
  • A student TAP may not be used to defray the cost of any study abroad program.
  • Available funding is limited to one trip per fiscal year (note: the fiscal year runs July-June)
  • It is a requirement of the award that all students requesting travel assistance must seek matching funds from another source. All student TAP applications must be accompanied by documentation that the student will receive at least $250 of the total cost of the trip from her/his department OR has applied for travel funding from at least one other source.


Requests for funding must be submitted to the CAS Dean’s Office no later than 30 days prior to the start date of travel. In exceptional cases, students may request a waiver of this 30-day requirement, but no retroactive requests will be approved.

Application Procedures

  1. Complete the CAS Student Travel Assistance Program (TAP) Form linked above for your campus (only one trip per form).
  2. Attach a brief narrative stating the purpose and benefits of the travel to the applicant (no more than one page).
  3. Attach a copy of the invitation to present/perform from the conference or event/venue (if presenting).
  4. Attach a copy of the current unofficial transcript. Please do not have them mailed to us from OU Records office.
  5. Attach a letter of support from your academic unit’s Chair/Director.
  6. Attach documentation of any other travel funding received or applied for. If your academic unit is proving the matching funds, the chair/director’s letter of support should confirm the $250 commitment.
  7. Submit the printed CAS Student Travel Assistance Program (TAP) Form with all required attachments and supporting documentation to your academic unit’s chair/director for approval.
  8. The academic unit should verify all required attachments and supporting documentation are attached to the form prior to forwarding them on to the CAS Dean's Office.
  9. Submit the printed (hard copy) signed original of the CAS Travel Assistance Program (TAP) Form, required attachments and supporting documentation to:

    College of Arts & Sciences Dean’s Office
    Ellison Hall, Room 209
    633 Elm Avenue
    Attention: Julie Hamburger

  10. Upon completion of the travel, the traveler’s academic unit will process the travel reimbursement for each approved applicant. Please save your receipts and follow your departmental staff’s instructions for documenting your travel expenses. If the real cost of travel varies from the proposal budget, only your actual documented expenses will be reimbursed, up to the award amount and after matching funds have been applied.

Note to Departmental Staff: The academic unit should submit the CAS Reimbursement Request Form (docx) along with the CAS commitment and paid supporting documentation (email approval and Commitment vs. Budget sheets) to the CAS Dean’s Office to request reimbursement. Approved funds will be available to each unit for a maximum of six months after the completion of travel.