International Student Services/HR
- The University of Oklahoma International Student Services (OU ISS) has been providing services to international students for over fifty years. ISS provides advice on issues related to student visas and US immigration regulations, as well as activities and programs to help students get involved in the international, OU, and local communities. For general information about ISS, please visit https://www.ou.edu/cis/iss
- For information on “Maintaining Immigration Status”, please see https://www.ou.edu/cis/iss/students/maintaining-your-status.
- For Optional Practical Training (OPT), please see https://www.ou.edu/cis/iss/students/employment/optional-practical-training.
- For Curricular Practical Training (CPT), please see https://www.ou.edu/cis/iss/students/employment/curricular-practical-training.
- The International Faculty and Staff Services (IFSS) office provides information about bringing international faculty, staff and scholars to the University of Oklahoma, Cameron University, Rogers State University, and Oklahoma City Community College. The staff provides immigration services to academic and administrative departments in obtaining and maintaining the appropriate immigration status for the employment of international faculty, scholars and staff. To find information for international scholars, please visit https://hr.ou.edu/immigration (HR has a International Faculty & Staff Services specialists. Jenny (Lu) Machette (jennylu _at_ ou.edu) is an Immigration Specialist who has been very helpful).
- HR training opportunities:
Training opportunities can be found at https://hr.ou.edu/Employees/Career-Development/Learning-Development
- Oklahoma Teachers’ Retirement System (OTRS):
- Oklahoma Teachers’ Retirement System (OTRS) provides a defined lifetime income to participating members who become eligible for retirement. OTRS is administered by the State of Oklahoma and Oklahoma laws establish the rules and procedures governing OTRS. See https://hr.ou.edu/Employees/Retirement-Planning/Descriptions/OTRS for more inform