Departmental IT support and OSCER
Departmental IT support for Linux/Unix machines
Please follow the following steps:
- Go to https://itsupport.ou.edu/.
- Select "Norman Service Portal".
- Search for “college” or “device” in the search bar.
- Select “College and Device Support” from the search result (usually the first one).
- Click on "Request Service".
- Submit a ticket with as much information as possible.
- Send an email to Dr. Soumya Bhattacharya at bhattacharya_at_ou.edu with the ticket number.
For in-person consultations with Dr. Soumya Bhattacharya, please visit NH115.
See https://www.ou.edu/oscer for detailed info. The OU Supercomputing Center for Education and Research (OSCER) provides the University of Oklahoma (OU) community with High Performance Computing (HPC) infrastructure in education and research facilitation. To request an OSCER account, please go to https://www.ou.edu/oscer/getting_started/getting_started_account. If you have questions, please send an email to support _at_ oscer.ou.edu. Among the people listed under https://www.ou.edu/oscer/people, Dr. Horst Severini (severini _at_ ou.edu) is particularly familiar with the P&A department.
Windows and Mac machines
For support with Windows OS and Mac, please contact Gary Bates (gbates _at_ ou.edu), Director of Dodge Family College of Arts and Sciences Technology Services.
Computer Standardization Program
OU IT’s website at https://www.ou.edu/ouit/computer_standardization contains information on computer standardization. It is advised that you visit the website prior to ordering computer equipment. Gary Bates (gbates _at_ ou.edu) might be able to help in case there is a need to request exceptions.