We feel the following links will be of interest to undergraduates in the department:
- The Green Book (pdf) - a handbook for navigating undergraduate studies in the Homer L. Dodge Department of Physics and Astronomy.
- Society of Physics Students - SPS is a professional society for students of physics, and anyone interested in physics.
- Current Areas of Research - This link will take you to the page concerning current research by our faculty. Clicking on a particular area of interest on that page will take you to more links about that research and the faculty web pages.
- Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) - This NSF-REU program is aimed at students who are interested in Physics and/or Astronomy and who want to learn more about physics research.
- Undergraduate Scholarships - Undergraduate majors of the Department of Physics and Astronomy, and students thinking of physics, astrophysics, or engineering physics majors are encouraged to apply for the following scholarships.
- The following reputable job sites are intended to serve those interested in pursuing careers in physics: APS and Compadre.
- Physics Employment Statistics - career resources published by the Statistical Research Center (SRC) of the American Institute of Physics.
- Tutor list (pdf)
COURSE OFFERINGS - The following links will provide information on courses offered in the department.
Visit the Astronomy section in the OU course catalog.
Visit the Physics section in the OU course catalog.
We have an awards ceremony each spring honoring our outstanding undergraduates in a variety of categories. Many of these include a monetary award, including the Fowler Prize whose winners are listed on a plaque which is placed in our lobby and which is reproduced in the previous link.
The Spring 2017 Undergraduate Studies committee members are: Kieran Mullen (Honors), Mike Strauss (Physics Advisor), Nathan Kaib (Astrophysics Advisor), and Brad Abbott (Engineering Physics Advisor)
Prospective students can search class schedules or find specific courses by searching ClassNav*. The link will open in a new window.
For a complete repository of Physics and Astronomy courses, visit the course catalog.
* ClassNav is not maintained by the Office of the Registrar, and is thus not sufficient to guarantee enrollment. To enroll you must visit one.ou.edu.