Assistant Dean of Student Affairs
OU Gaylord College of Journalism and Mass Communication
Yvette's Coaching Mindset: "I believe that coaching is critical to helping someone make strong, attainable goals and getting results through small action steps. I take your success seriously. The sign on my door reads: "Dean Walker -- she's nice, but she means business."
Higher Education Background:
- Bachelor's- Journalism, Northwestern University.
- Master's- Journalism, The University of Missouri.
Interests and Hobbies:
Top Life Defining Moments in Higher Education:
- Getting a D my freshman year ... and overcoming it.
- Learning the best study system for ME.
- Taking an internship away from home at a newspaper in Michigan and later, New York.
- Leveraging my work-study and networking with top hiring managers.
While in college, I experienced:
- Balancing work and school.
- Difficulty building and managing successful study systems.
- Not having a sense of belonging.
- Financial stress.
- Being a first-generation college student.
- Being a part of a Greek organization.
- Academic motivation challenges.
- Overcoming daily challenges through resiliency.
- Other- Resolving roommate issues.