Tara Buck, M.D.
Department of Psychiatry, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
4444 E. 41st Street
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74135
Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Tulsa, Oklahoma
General Psychiatry Residency: University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Tulsa
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship: University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
Dr. Tara Buck is assistant professor of Psychiatry and Oxley Chair in Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Research at the OU School of Community Medicine. She is board-certified in both general psychiatry and child and adolescent psychiatry. She earned her medical degree at the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine and completed her general psychiatry residency at the OU School of Community Medicine. Dr. Buck's professional interests include psychiatric management of autism spectrum disorder and other neurodevelopmental disorders. She is also interested in graduate medical education for child psychiatry fellows and collaboration with primary care physicians and other mental health providers on mental health initiatives.
- "We are thrilled to have found Dr. Buck. She is very accomodating to my children's needs." [March 2018]
- "Dr. Buck is very knowledgable, very caring, and attentive to our children's needs. She listens and responds to our questions and gives us very understandable explanations. We have been blessed with a doctor like Dr. Buck. We consider her one of the best doctors we have on our list of physicians." [November 2017]
- "Dr. Buck is always so attentive and shows genuine concern for my child. She makes her feel at home! I love the fact that she doesn't try to overwhlem her! She listens to my concern." [November 2017]
- "Dr. Buck is excellent!! Her office staff are very kind and make you feel welcome in the office. I would highly recommend Dr. Buck and her staff." [November 2017]
- "As usual, Dr. Buck is the best physician for my son. She always listens to my every concern and always has solutions that fit my son best." [October 2017]
- "Dr. Buck is the best! She is always patient and observes my child and his condition regularly and thoroughly. We love her!" [October 2017]
- "Dr. Buck does an excellent job with my child. All of my questions are answered at each visit." [September 2017]
- "Dr. Buck has, on every occasion, given us her full attention and was very interested in the whole picture of my child's mental, intellectual, and emotional well being. she worked with us, being responsive to my suggestions and concerns. Whenever I called her needing help, she called back herself or had her assistant call me to help or confirm. We had a significant issue with insurance coverage and she went WAY beyond the call of duty to get that issue resolved in a very satisfactory way."
- "My grandchild's condition is ongoing, but Dr. Buck keeps up with the latest information on the condition and the latest resources available in our community for this type of condition."
- "We love Dr. Buck! She is very patient with us and is very good at making us feel important! My child feels very safe and feels like he can communicate easily with her. She is wonderful! We always leave feeling good about his plan of treatment!"