- About the School of Community Medicine
- Departments and Residency Programs
- Faculty Affairs
- Future Students
- MD Program - Community Medicine Track
- Physician Assistant Program
- Student Experience
- Student Services
- Helpful Resources
- Contact Us
Student Executive Council (SEC)
The Student Executive Council (SEC) provides organized leadership for OU-TU School of Community Medicine students and provides them with important information concerning the activities of the School of Community Medicine.
Meetings are held once a month (typically on the first Monday each month at 5:30pm) in Tandy room 221.
2019-2020 SEC Officers
- Chair: Robin Kiehl, MS3
- Vice- hair: Rachel Nichols, MS2
- Treasurer: Hank Unterschuetz MS1
- Secretary: Sneha Sibimon, MS2
- Wellness Committee Chairs: Jonathan Nahmias, MS4 & Andrew Baker, MS1
- Outreach and Philanthropy Chair: Amanda Watson, MS4 & Jonathan Jenkins, MS1
- Social Chairs: Reagan Hahn, PA1 & Bridgette Beasley, MS3
SEC Funding Requests
Medical students and PA students can submit funding requests to the SEC. Funding requests can be made as an individual request (i.e. for travel to a conference) or on behalf of a student organization or other student group.
Follow these steps to request funding:
- Review the following two documents:
1a. What can and cannot be paid for using SEC funds
1b. How are things paid for using SEC funds
- Fill out the SEC Funding Request application
- Allow up to 5 weeks for processing
3a. If your request is below $75, it may be approved by the SEC Funding committee and you may receive a decision sooner.
3b. If your request is above $75, it must be voted on by the SEC during a regularly scheduled meeting. You may be asked to present more information at an SEC meeting before a decision is made.