- School of Community Medicine Home
- About the School of Community Medicine
- MD Program - Community Medicine Track
- Physician Assistant Program
- Departments and Residency Programs
- Student Experience
- Student Services
- Faculty Affairs
- Helpful Resources
- Future Students
- Contact Us
Student Executive Council (SEC)
The Student Executive Council (SEC) provides organized leadership for OU-TU School of Community Medicine students and provides them with important information concerning the activities of the School of Community Medicine.
Meetings are held once a month (typically on the first Monday each month at 5:30pm) in Tandy room 221.
2017-2018 SEC Officers
- Chair Elect for 2019-2020: Robin Kiehl, MS3
- Chair: Amanda Watson, MS3
- Vice-Chair: Robin Kiehl, MS2
- Treasurer: Rachel Nichols, MS1
- Secretary: Dan Kaiser, MS2
- Wellness Committee Chair: Kelsey Cook, PA1, Dan Kaiser, MS2
- Outreach and Philanthropy Chair: Emily Kirchner, MS1
- Social Chairs: Morgan Bell, PA1, Yiyi Chen, MS1
SEC Funding Requests
Medical students and PA students can submit funding requests to the SEC. Funding requests can be made as an individual request (i.e. for travel to a conference) or on behalf of a student organization or other student group.
Follow these steps to request funding:
- Review the following two documents:
1a. What can and cannot be paid for using SEC funds
1b. How are things paid for using SEC funds
- Fill out the SEC Funding Request application
- Allow up to 5 weeks for processing
3a. If your request is below $75, it may be approved by the SEC Funding committee and you may receive a decison sooner.
3b. If your request is above $75, it must be voted on by the SEC during a regularly scheduled meeting. You may be asked to present more information at an SEC meeting before a decision is made.