Courses and Enrollment
- General Education type
- Delivery Method (blended, online, traditional)
- Term Length (Winter Session, Spring Session, Summer Session, half semester)
- Courses with wailists
- Courses with seats still available
Click on the "+" to see:
- Class description
- General Education type
- Delivery method
- Meeting day, time and location
- Final Exam day, time and location
Find general education courses
Prepare for enrollment
1. Log into one.ou.edu
- Log into one.ou.edu using your OUNetID and password.
- Click the Academics tab located in the upper left corner, followed by the Enrollment tab located in the middle of the page.
- Click Enroll.
2. Prepare for Registration
- Click Prepare for Registration.
- Select the term in which you would like to enroll.
Once you click Prepare for Registration, you will be able to view important information about your upcoming enrollment.
- Student Status and Academic Standing – tells you about your eligibility for enrollment.
- Holds – tells you anything that may prevent you from registering for classes, receiving a transcript, or graduating.
- Time Ticket – also known as your Enrollment Window – tells you the day and time you may enroll.
- Earned Hours – the total number of hours earned at OU and other institutions.
- Class Standing – tells you if you are considered a freshman, sophomore, junior or senior for this term.
3. Resolve Enrollment Holds
- Log into one.ou.edu using your OUNet ID and Password.
- Click the Academics tab located in the upper left corner, followed by the Enrollment tab.
- Click View Holds for the upcoming semester.
- Click each item to see a list of action steps to remove the hold.
Build a plan
From the Prepare for Registration page:
- Return to the home screen by clicking the "home" button in the upper left corner.
- Click Plan Ahead.
- Select the term for which you want to create a plan.
- Click Create a New Plan - you may create up to 5 plans per term.
- Using the information that you receive at your advising appointment, enter the subject and course numbr. Then press Search.
- When the search result appear, click "View Sections."
- All of the available sections for the course will appear. Be sure to scroll to the bottom to see if there is more than one page of sections available. You can change the number of sections listed on each page by clicking the drop down menu at the bottom of the page.
- To add a course to your plan, click Add next to the section you want. You will see the course appear in the panel below with the status “Pending.”
- To remove a course that you have planned, click the drop down menu under Action and select “Remove.”
- To look at more courses, click "Catalog Search Results" in the upper left corner.
- You will return to the search results page. Click the "Search Again" button in the upper right corner.
- When you are finished adding courses, click Save Plan at the bottom of the page.
- You will be asked to name your plan, then click Save. Once you have saved the plan, the status will change to "Planned" and all of your classes will appear in color.
Enroll in classes
Students may register for classes once their enrollment window is open. You can find your enrollment window by clicking on Prepare for Registration.
- On the home screen, click Register for Classes.
- Select the term in which you would like to enroll.
- You will see the screen below.
- If you have already created a plan, click the Plans tab.
- You may add all courses from a plan or add them individually.
- You may remove a course by changing the drop down menu under Action.
- Click Submit. That status of each class will change from "Pending" to "Registered" and all of your classes will appear in color.
- Use the Find Classes tab shown above.
- Referring to the information that you receive at your advising appointment, enter the subject and course number. Then press Search.
- All of the available sections for the course will appear. Be sure to scroll to the bottom to see if there is more than one page of sections available. You can change the number of sections listed on each page by clicking the drop down menu.
- To add a course to your schedule, click Add next to the section you want. You will see the course appear in the panel below with the status “Pending.”
IMPORTANT: Pay attention to the number of seats remaining in each class. "FULL" indicates that there are no seats remaining.
- To look at more courses, click the "Search Again" button in the upper right corner.
- When you have finished adding courses, click Submit at the bottom of the page.
- Once you have submitted your schedule, the status will change to "Registered" and all of your classes will appear in color.
Find class details
To locate specific information on a particular course you can click on the title of the course on any of the Search Results pages. This will bring up an informational box with several tabs on the left-hand side. From here you can find Course Descriptions, Corequisites, Prerequisites, etc.
Resolve registration errors
Departments and colleges place registration restrictions on courses for a variety of reasons, such as requiring that certain prerequisites be completed, controlling course capacity, and monitoring enrollment in individualized programs. It is not uncommon for a student to need multiple overrides for a given course.
The class you are trying to add is restricted to a particular campus. To get a Campus Restriction override, contact the campus offering the course.
The class is full. To get a Class Full override, contact the department offering the course.
The class you are trying to add is restricted to certain classifications, such as sophomore standing, junior standing, senior standing, etc. To get a Classification Restriction override, contact the department offering the course, the instructor, or your academic advisor.
The class you are trying to add is restricted to students in a certain college. To get a College Restriction override, contact the advising office of the college of the course.
The class you are trying to add is restricted to students who have met college-specified requirements. To get a College Upper-Division Restriction override, contact the advising office of the College offering the course.
The class section you are trying to add has another section or course that must be taken concurrently.
The class you are trying to add is restricted to a certain degree. To get a Degree Exception override, contact the college offering the degree.
You will need to get permission from the department offering the course or the instructor of the course. To get a Department/Instructor Permission override, contact the department offering the course.
You are trying to enroll in two courses with the same subject and number in the same semester. Course titles are not distinguished in the system. To get a Duplicate Course Registration override, contact your academic advisor.
The class you are trying to add is restricted to honors students. To get an Honors Restriction override, contact the Honors College.
The class you are trying to add is restricted to students in a certain major. To get a Major Code/Department Restriction or a Major Program Exception override, contact the department offering the course.
The class you are trying to add has prerequisites that must be satisfied. To get a Prerequisite override, contact the department offering the course, or the instructor, or your academic advisor.
The meeting time of the section you are trying to add conflicts with the meeting time of the course indicated by the CRN in the statement in the status column. To get a Time Conflict override, you will need to get written permission from one of the instructors of one of the sections involved and bring it to the Enrollment Services office in Buchanan Hall Room 230.
Change variable credit hours
Some courses have variable credit, meaning that they can be worth 1 to 3 credit hours at the discretion of the student enrolling. Variable credit course numbers typically end in a zero (ex. MUTE 1130).
Once you enroll in a course that has variable credit hours, the system will automatically enter you in the minimum number of hours for that course. To receive the desired amount of credit, you must manually change the number.
While on the Register for Classes page, click on My Schedule and Options to change the number of hours.
Click on the credit hours and it will give you the credit hour range for the course in question.
Change the credit hours to the desired amount within the credit hour range and then click Submit.
Once you have submitted the change you will get a message that states “Save Successful.”
Working the waitlist
Although a section of the course may be full, you might be able to add yourself to a waitlist.
Once you click Add, it will place the course in your Summary view as pending. (Notice that a course that is pending is shaded in the summary view.) You will need to change the status from “Self-Service Enrollment” to “Waitlist” and then submit your request.
Once a seat in the course opens up, you will receive an email informing you that you can now enroll in the course. A copy of the email is displayed below.
IMPORTANT: You will only have 24 hours to add the course before you are dropped off the
waitlist. This email will only be sent to your OU email address.
A seat has become avaliable in the wailisted (Course - CRN in the subject line). You have 24 hours to eroll. If you do not enroll yourself in the course within 24 hours and are still interested in the course you will need to add yourself back to the waitlist. If you are not interested in enrolling in a course for which you are waitlisted, please drop yourself from the waitlist for the course.
Login to one.ou.edu and go to your schedule. In your Summary view, change the Action to “Self-Service Enrollment.” You will need to take care of any error messages before submitting.
Submit or request a transcript
Unofficial OU Transcripts
If you are a current student you can view your unofficial transcript on the web through one.ou.edu (Academics > Transcripts). If you have a printer attached to your computer, and you do not have a financial hold with the University, you can print an unofficial transcript.
The unofficial transcript is not available if you cannot login to one.ou.edu. You will need to order an official transcript.
Official OU Transcripts
Click here to learn how to request an official OU transcript.
Submit a transcript from another school
Transcripts from other schools sent in support of your application for admission or to be incorporated into your OU academic records should be sent to:
University of Oklahoma
Office of Admissions & Recruitment
1000 Asp Avenue room 127
Norman OK 73019-4076