Division of Management Information Systems
The 2019 MIS division’s scholarship banquet was held on Sept 10 at the Sam Noble History Museum, Norman. With support from their corporate partners and alumni, MIS division provided scholarships to 85 MIS students, with individual scholarships ranging from $1000 to $5000 each, for a total of $120000 in scholarship money.
Corporate sponsors include Pioneer Natural Resources, Accenture, American Fidelity, ConocoPhillips, Devon Energy, Hobby Lobby, Ernst and Young, Love’s Travel Stores, ONEOK, One Gas, Paycom and others.
The MIS division includes a vibrant group of faculty, staff and students, collaborating to develop student skills, research and advance knowledge on information technologies for organizational use. Since its inception in 1995, the division has grown and thrived as a place for high quality information technology education and research. Please hear the interview of our alumnus, Jeff Weber (’86 BBA, MIS) and the CEO of ZoneTV in Los Angeles.
Some of our division highlights include the following:
- An MIS undergraduate program with a history of excellent placement record and high starting salaries for students.
- A nationally ranked graduate program with emphasis in Business Analytics and a doctoral program with a good placement record.
- World-renowned faculty, who have earned teaching and research awards, serve on major MIS journal editorial boards, and obtain externally funded grants. See recent publications. As per the University of Texas Dallas ranking of business school research, MIS division publication for the last three years in major MIS journals ranks among the top 20 business schools nationally and globally.
- Scholarships are awarded every year to meritorious students from donations by companies and individuals. In 2019, over $100,000 in scholarship money were awarded to 85 students, with each individual scholarship ranging from $1000 to $5000.
- An active industry-academia partnership through the Center for MIS Studies, Member companies collaborate with faculty, support student recruiting and development. Please see some of our member companies at: http://www.ou.edu/price/mis/cmiss/membership
- MIS student association is an active social and study group that is also a student chapter of the Association of Information Systems. Hear one of our MISSA students, Lac Luong, discuss his summer internship.
- Programs and faculty have been nationally ranked with the Graduate program currently ranked in the Top 20 graduate programs in Business Data Analytics in the country, by The Financial Engineer Times (TFE), and the MIS undergraduate programs have been ranked among the Top 20 programs in the nation by US News and World Report.