For Raising Buttons on Subpages
Eddie Huebsch, Senior Associate Vice President & Interim CIO
Eddie Huebsch, an accomplished information technology professional, has been named interim chief information officer at the University of Oklahoma – a role responsible for developing and executing strategic plans for Information Technology at OU’s Norman campus as it pertains to instruction, research, administration and community service, as well as leading efforts to achieve cost efficiencies and business continuity across OU’s three campuses.
Huebsch has served OU IT for more than 16 years in a variety of leadership roles, most recently as associate vice president of technology advancement. In that role, he has worked with campus partners to identify technologies that will benefit the OU community. Through collaboration with students, faculty and staff, he has helped to identify technology needs and define relevant, sustainable solutions. Some of the next generation projects he has led include user experience, cloud strategies and cost-saving initiatives.
A strategic advisor to the previous chief information officer, Huebsch also served as interim director for IT’s Services Organization, providing leadership to the Community Experience team. Additionally, he has served as IT representative on the Provost Advisory Council for Information Technology and the President’s Graduation and Retention Task Force.
Since joining the OU staff in 2001, Huebsch has led the mainframe migration effort for the university, completing the transition to the PeopleSoft Human Resources and Financial Suites and the Banner Student Information System; consolidated many campus applications into enterprise service offerings such as Qualtrics, Dropbox and The New York Times; oversaw the launch of the campus-wide ONE portal in collaboration with students, faculty and academic advisors; and worked with OU development staff to form mutually beneficial partnerships with state and national industry.
In addition to his experience in higher education, he has extensive experience in the federal and private sectors. Huebsch worked internationally for many years, leading multiple tactical and strategic infrastructure projects across Europe for the U.S. Air Force. As a private sector consultant, he advised multiple clients on strategic IT issues including the Georgia World Congress Center and Scott Air Force Base in Illinois.
Huebsch earned his Bachelor of Science in business administration from East Central University.
- Best Places to Work in IT 2018
- Best Places to Work in IT 2010
- Premier 100 IT Leaders 2007
- Best Places to Work in IT 2006
- Top 20 Wired Colleges 2008
- Top 20 Wired Colleges 2006
Oklahoma College Public Relations Association:
- 2nd Place Events and Promotions 2015 - One U Store College of Education Month
- Honorable Mention Campaign 2015 - Tech Taxi
- Honorable Mention Video Featurette 2015 - WEPA
- Honorable Mention Small Brochure 2014 - Shared Services Booklet
- 1st Place Multimedia 2012 - Just One Thing
- 1st Place Mobile Application 2012 - Sooner Jr App
- 1st place Small Brochure 2012 - Back to School
- 2nd Place Special Publication 2012 - IT Infographics
State Regents Award for Oklahoma Online Excellence 2018 - Tech Bootcamp
Hermes Creative Awards:
- 2018 Gold Winner - IT on the Streets Campaign
- 2018 Gold Winner - Come and Get IT Campaign
- 2015 Gold Winner - IT Store We Love Alumni
- 2015 Gold Winner - Office 365 Campaign