Presented by Chris Corbett // August 2018
- What is a patent?
- How/why does a public disclosure affect patentability?
- Types of public disclosures
- How to publish without hurting your patent rights
- Key milestones of the patent process
Presented by Andrew Pollock // February 2017
- Not all intellectual property is patentable
- Filing for copyrights and trademarks
- Protecting your software application
- Examples of licensing non-traditional IP
Presented by Andrew Pollock // November 2016
- Evaluating product-market fit
- Marketing technology: the OTD-inventor partnership
- Licensing terms and requirements
- Commercial terms and SRAs
- Enforcement, infringement and little men who live under bridges
Presented by Meredith Wilkerson // May 2017
- How to convey the value and impact of your work outside academia
- Tips for being clear, concise, and compelling
- Best practices for customer discovery and determining product-market fit
Charles A. Hinton, Jr.
Director, NSF I-Corps/Startup Aggieland // March 2017
- Avoid wasting time with ideas that don’t work
- Reduce your chances of flop
- Is there really a problem that your innovation solves? Or are you imagining there is a problem or need?
- Is there a market for your product or are you just dreaming?
Presented January 2018
- Explore opportunities for research graduate students interested in a career in industry or entrepreneurship
- Hear from current Venture Fellows teams that are starting businesses around university IP
- Learn about program details, including selection, curriculum, and goals
Presented by Tom Wavering, Executive Director of the Tom Love Innovation Hub at OU // February 2018
- What are the SBIR and STTR programs?
- Qualities of a competitive project
- SBIR support at OU