MCEE Spring 2019 Convocation Information
Date: Saturday, May 11, 2019
Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: McCasland Field House
151 West Brooks Street, Norman, OK, 73019
Reception immediately following:
Molly Shi Boren Ballroom located in the Oklahoma Memorial Union (900 Asp Avenue)
Candidates are asked to arrive at 9:00 a.m. in Lissa and Cy Wagner Hall (1005 Asp Avenue)
Convocation Packets will be availble towards the end of the Spring semester. Exact times and dates will be sent to candidate's OU email.
Graduation Gear-Up events offer a convenient way to get all of the items and information you need as a graduation candidate participating in Commencement and Convocation ceremonies. Graduation Gear-Up is held every fall and spring semester on the Norman campus and each spring semester on the OUHSC and Tulsa campuses.
Oklahoma Memorial Union
Molly Shi Boren Ballroom
900 Asp Avenue
10am - 6pm
- Tuesday, March 12
- Wednesday, March 13
- Thursday, March 14
- Friday, March 15
Follow These Steps To Assure Timely Graduation:
UNDERGRADUATES: Please submit a completed Graduation Self-Check form to MCEE Student Services a year before you intend to graduate. You should review your Graduation Report in Degree Navigator when completing the Self-Check. Email the completed form to email@example.com or submit the completed form to SEC P119. Please retain a copy for your records.
GRADUATES: Please consult with ALL of the following at least a semester before you intend to graduate to ensure you will fulfill all requirements, paperwork, and have necessary committees formed:
- your Major Advisor/Professor
- Rebecca Fay (CPSGG) OR Danika Hines-Barnett (MPGE)
- the Graduate College
All Graduation Candidates
Apply for graduation through ONE by the deadline of the semester you intend to graduate:
Fall - September 15
Spring - February 15
Summer - June 1
Check your OU e-mail frequently to ensure you do not miss key graduation information.
- All work must be completed by the last day of finals. All correspondence courses, incomplete grades, grade changes, or other changes to the academic record required for current semester graduation must be submitted to the Office of Academic Records. Official Transfer Transcripts should be submitted to the OU Admissions Office within ten working days after the last day of finals to be considered for graduation in the current semester. All fees and charges must be paid to the Bursar’s Office prior to the posting of the degree.
- Students pursuing minors and Dual Degrees should notify the granting college and the MCEE Student Services as soon as possible. The granting college must verify the completion of the second degree and minor. Minors must be completed before or concurrently with your major coursework.
Graduating With Distinction
- Geology and Geophysics Graduation With Distinction
The faculty may recommend that the degree with distinction be conferred on graduates who have a combined cumulative GPA of 3.50 to 3.74 and with special distinction on graduates who have a combined cumulative GPA of 3.75 or higher.
- Petroleum Engineering Graduation With Distinction
The faculty may recommend that the degree with distinction be conferred on graduates who have a combined cumulative GPA of 3.40 to 3.69 and with special distinction on graduates who have a combined cumulative GPA of 3.70 or higher.