MCEE Fall 2018 Convocation Information
Date: Saturday, December 15, 2018
Time: 1:30 p.m.
Location: Reynolds Performing Arts Center
560 Parrington Oval, Norman, OK 73019
Reception immediately following
Beaird Lounge located in the Oklahoma Memorial Union (900 Asp Avenue)
Candidates are asked to arrive at 12:30 p.m.
Convocation Packets will be availble during the week of Nov. 5 -9th. Exact times and dates will be sent to candidate's OU email.
Follow These Steps To Assure Timely Graduation:
UNDERGRADUATES: Please submit a completed Graduation Self-Check form to MCEE Student Services a year before you intend to graduate. You should review your Graduation Report in Degree Navigator when completing the Self-Check. Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit the completed form to SEC P119. Please retain a copy for your records.
GRADUATES: Please consult with ALL of the following at least a semester before you intend to graduate to ensure you will fulfill all requirements, paperwork, and have necessary committees formed:
- your Major Advisor/Professor
- Rebecca Fay (CPSGG) OR Danika Hines-Barnett (MPGE)
- the Graduate College
All Graduation Candidates
Apply for graduation through ONE by the deadline of the semester you intend to graduate:
Fall - September 15
Spring - February 15
Summer - June 1
Check your OU e-mail frequently to ensure you do not miss key graduation information.
- All work must be completed by the last day of finals. All correspondence courses, incomplete grades, grade changes, or other changes to the academic record required for current semester graduation must be submitted to the Office of Academic Records. Official Transfer Transcripts should be submitted to the OU Admissions Office within ten working days after the last day of finals to be considered for graduation in the current semester. All fees and charges must be paid to the Bursar’s Office prior to the posting of the degree.
- Students pursuing minors and Dual Degrees should notify the granting college and the MCEE Student Services as soon as possible. The granting college must verify the completion of the second degree and minor. Minors must be completed before or concurrently with your major coursework.
Graduating With Distinction
- Geology and Geophysics Graduation With Distinction
The faculty may recommend that the degree with distinction be conferred on graduates who have a combined cumulative GPA of 3.50 to 3.74 and with special distinction on graduates who have a combined cumulative GPA of 3.75 or higher.
- Petroleum Engineering Graduation With Distinction
The faculty may recommend that the degree with distinction be conferred on graduates who have a combined cumulative GPA of 3.40 to 3.69 and with special distinction on graduates who have a combined cumulative GPA of 3.70 or higher.