The mission of the Institute for the Study of Human Flourishing is to advance the science of virtue and to promote the flourishing of OU Students and all Oklahomans. Learn more
Featured Virtue: Perseverance
Perseverance is the ability to stay the course when the path to one’s goals is covered with obstacles and/or barriers. As you age, the degree to which you persevere will determine not only the goals you accomplish but also the kind of goals you set.
Virtue Forum Luncheon - May 5
Emad Hasan will present at our final Virtue Forum Luncheon of the Spring semester on May 5th. His talk is titled, "Water Scarcity and Human Well-Being: How can Satellite Data Help?" Lunch will be provided for all registered attendees.
Listen to Professor Linda Zagzebski's Podcast Interview on Exemplarism
Institute Leadership team member, Professor Linda Zagzebski, recently completed an interview with Dr. Robert Talisse for the New Books Network.
The interview focuses on Professor Zagzebski's new book, Exemplarist Moral Theory, published by Oxford University Press earlier this year.
- Former Institute Staff Member Remembered (5/2/17)
- Institute Manager Defends Doctoral Dissertation in Philosophy (4/20/17)
- Director Gives William R. Connolly Lecture at the University of Evansville (4/3/17)
- OU Seminar on Free Speech to Include Lecture on Intellectual Humility (3/28/17)
- Kristen Partridge Delivers Inspiring Last Lecture (3/20/17)
- Dr. Linda Zagzebski Publishes Monograph (3/9/17)