The Weitzenhoffer Family College of Fine Arts
As part of the University of Oklahoma, our college recognizes the universal language of the arts and the integral role of the arts in the improvement of the human condition within a culturally diverse environment. The Weitzenhoffer Family College of Fine Arts is committed to excellence and promotion of the arts within the state of Oklahoma and the nation. The college is dedicated to the highest professional standards in arts performance, education, technology, scholarship, research and creative activity.
- Approximately 400 recitals, concerts, performances and exhibitions are presented each year in the OU Arts District.
- The college averages over 1,100 undergraduate and graduate fine arts students each academic year in the Schools of Art and Art History, Dance, Drama, Music and Musical Theatre.
- Over 8,000 OU students majoring in other areas take a fine arts class each academic year.
- The college has more than 200 nationally and internationally recognized educators, artists, performers, scholars, technicians and staff experts.
- All students accepted to the College of Fine Arts must also be accepted by the University of Oklahoma. www.ou.edu/admissions
- Auditions are required for admission to programs in Dance, Drama, Music and Musical Theatre. An application and portfolio or interview are required for admission to the School of Art and Art History studio programs.
- Students have performance opportunities beginning their freshman year.
- Classes for majors are small. Students receive individual attention and mentoring from our faculty and staff experts.
- The OU in Arezzo program, nestled in the Tuscan hills between Florence and Rome, provides OU Fine Arts students a unique opportunity to study Renaissance masters in their proper historic and artistic context. Participants travel with an OU faculty member for one month throughout Italy and will visit Rome, Florence, Venice and Arezzo. Academic instruction is in English. All accepted applicants qualify for Presidential International Travel Fellowships. www.ou.edu/international/arezzo
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Art
Bachelor of Arts in Art
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Visual Communication
Master of Arts in Art History
Master of Fine Arts in Art
Doctor of Philosophy
Learn more about the OU School of Visual Arts here (pdf)