Weitzenhoffer Family College of Fine Arts
A. Max Weitzenhoffer and the College of Fine Arts
Established as the College of Fine Arts in 1924, the fourth college founded at the university, the college was renamed the Weitzenhoffer Family College of Fine Arts in 2004 in honor of the Weitzenhoffer family, which has given extraordinary support to the college as well as to every area of the university.
The gift of the Weitzenhoffer Collection moved OU’s Fred Jones Jr. Museum of Art into the forefront of university affiliated art galleries. The gift also provided the University with a new vision for the museum facility.
In the fall of 1998, Max Weitzenhoffer pledged $5 million to the support of the Musical Theatre program, which endowed faculty positions, student scholarships and professional and instructional development to nurture their talents, improve facilities and to enhance productions. In 2009, the program was named the A. Max Weitzenhoffer School of Musical Theatre.