FACILITY RENTALS or RESERVATIONS
Studio Guidelines and Reservations
Sarkeys Fitness Center and other areas
The Sarkeys Fitness Center is available for rental for many types of events. Typically, events in the Sarkeys Fitness Center range from Soonerthon to Camp Crimson to national sports tournaments. The administration will make every effort to accommodate requests for the facility, but ultimately, the mission of the university must be maintained.
Organizations that contract with Fitness and Recreation will have a few items that are mandatory to ensure the best possible experience for both parties. Contracted events using Fitness and Recreation facilities, are required to have one of the following Registered/Certified persons ON STAFF and ON THE PREMISES AT ALL TIMES; Doctor, Nurse, Emergency Medical Technician, Sports Trainer, or another person approved by Fitness and Recreation.
Organizations that rent the Sarkeys Fitness Center may be required to have liability insurance that covers the event and names the university as a CERTIFICATE HOLDER. Questions about facility rental and insurance requirements can be addressed by email to Garry Armstrong or phone (405) 325-3053.
Minors Best Practice (pdf) (Please refer to this document for events involving minors)
Users that program multiple activities for the event will need to provide scheduling of events. Facility staff will be assigned to the event to maintain the integrity of the facility, that policy and regulations are followed and troubleshoot any issues with the facility and/or equipment. The Sarkeys Fitness Center takes great pride in providing a safe, clean and healthy environment for the membership and event visitors. We maintain a level of cleanliness to help users enjoy their time in the facility. We will take care of all normal activities from setting up the facility for users and sweeping the courts for safe play.
Here are the top ten lists for programmers to know prior to the actual event.
Items 1-5 are things needed for determining contract amounts and notification of charges. It is helpful to know what the camp needs to avoid last minute changes in space, equipment and rental fees. Items 6-10 are preventative tips to assist your camp with problem areas that can affect your camp, staff and participants.
- Specific dates with the times the facility will be used per day (Mon. 8 a.m.-10 p.m., Tues. 8 a.m.-1 p.m., etc.).
- What areas the event will need to use (Basketball courts, activity room, classroom, etc.).
- Equipment needed for the event (balls, stopwatches, cones, etc.).
- Facility equipment (scoreboards, tables, chairs, etc.).
- Special needs (food and beverage area, specific court markings, number of football fields, or taped lines in the Sarkeys Fitness Center).
- Have enough copies for your staff and one to give Sarkeys Fitness Center Staff. (Do not use the SFC as a copy center.)
- Make sure a trainer can be on site at all times while participants are using the facility. (Even during the meal breaks campers may not recreate or play games unless a trainer is present.)
- Check in and out with the Sarkeys Fitness Center Staff member every day. At arrival and departure, event should contact the Sarkeys Fitness Center Staff when they arrive and depart.
- Participants MUST be under direct supervision of a Staff member. If the event includes minors as participants, user must follow the Minors on Campus policies. (Preferably someone other than trainer.)
- Control and/or supervision of visitors. (Parents and siblings or other under age children. This is a major issue that cannot be dismissed.)