Master of Human Relations Program
- Weekend, evening, and online courses convenient for working adults
- 36 credit-hour standard MHR program designed to be completed within 24 months, even while working full-time; 60 credit-hour Clinical Mental Health Counseling major also available
- No entrance exam scores are required for admittance
- Students may begin the program during any academic semester
Human Relations is a multi-disciplinary field that promotes democratic values, advocacy and social justice. The program provides the skills and knowledge to work with diverse populations and to confront systemic social and organizational inequities. The Human Relations program focuses on three important areas:
- Counseling - Emphasizes skill and knowledge to help guide individuals in such settings as family service centers, hospitals, and private and public mental health practices. It is appropriate for those interested in counseling and for helping professionals. The MHR Clinical Mental Health Counseling major is an accepted program by the state of Oklahoma for the Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC).
- Organizational Studies - Focuses on organizational behavior, diversity in the workforce, human resource development, and leadership. In addition to concentrating on the intersections of race/ethnicity, gender and class, it also addresses work-life integration, organizational ethics, and social responsibility.
- Social Justice and Change - Concentrates on learning to analyze societal problems, apply change theory, design and evaluate solutions and outcome-based assessments, write grants, and develop and lead non-profit organizations.