The University of Oklahoma’s presence on the World Wide Web is essential to its mission of teaching, research, creative work, and public service. Web pages on the internet are the preferred source of information for many individuals. Therefore, the University’s web pages will be, for many, their first and only view of the University of Oklahoma community. Our web pages need to reflect our values including respect for intellectual property, respect for individual’s privacy, the need to make our information available to everyone without regard to disability, the need to support open public dialogue, and respect for the law. Thus, the University's web policy seeks to establish standards and guidelines that will:
- support the vision, mission, goals, and academic values of the university;
- assist web publishers in developing sites that comply with university policies, rules, and regulations and local, state, and federal laws; and
- facilitate the official business of the University and enable appropriate online transactions.
This document applies to:
- web pages located on servers within the ou.edu domain or using OU internet protocol ranges;
- university sites outside ou.edu using OU trademarks in their domain names;
- webpages prepared for any organization or activity receiving university funds, or with funds maintained in the University of Oklahoma financial system, excluding agency affiliates; and
- faculty, staff, and student pages on servers connected to the Campus network.
- Material placed on a web site, including graphics, is subject to the same copyright laws and standards of academic honesty as any print-based publication.