OU Regents' Alumni Awards to be Presented to 10 Outstanding Individuals
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Public Affairs, (405) 325-1701
NORMAN — Ten exceptional University of Oklahoma alumni and friends will receive Regents’ Alumni Awards for their dedication and service to OU in a ceremony scheduled for Friday, May 10, on the Norman campus.
Presented by the OU Board of Regents and OU Alumni Association, the Regents’ Alumni Award honors the important roles of OU alumni and supporters to the life of the university. A committee formed by the Alumni Association selects the award recipients from nominations made by alumni, friends, and OU faculty and staff. Each year’s recipients receive a plaque and their names are engraved on a permanent plaque in Oklahoma Memorial Union.
This year’s recipients are:
• Trae Anderson, Dallas, Texas, president of the OU Club of Dallas
• Dr. Millie Audas, Norman, special assistant to the president for international partnerships, director of Education Abroad and International Student Services, and faculty member of the Jeannine Rainbolt College of Education
• Ryan Burke, Dallas, Texas, SW area TAS partner at Ernst & Young
• Caroline Cochran DeWitte, Cambridge, Mass., founder and president of the OU Club of Boston
• Jim Dolan, Wayzata, Minn., president/CEO and chairman of The Dolan Co.
• Donald H. Garrett, M.D., Norman, retired thoracic surgeon
• S. Kim Hatfield, Oklahoma City, president of Crawley Petroleum
• John Kenney, Oklahoma City, shareholder and practice group leader at McAfee & Taft
• Bill Saxon, Dallas, Texas, former chairman of Saxon Oil Co.
• and Hal W. Smith, Norman, president of Hal Smith Restaurant Group.
The Regents’ Alumni Awards ceremony will take place at 10:45 a.m. on Friday, May 10, in Beaird Lounge of the Oklahoma Memorial Union. For additional information or accommodations on the basis of disability, please contact Jill Stephens at (405) 325-1710 or email email@example.com.
Sabatini to Receive International Service Award
NORMAN — A University of Oklahoma professor, David A. Sabatini, has been selected to receive the 2017 International Association of Hydrogeologists, U.S. National Chapter’s International Service Award for his many years of promoting sustainable water resources projects in developing and impoverished countries, particularly through the creation of the OU Water Technologies for Emerging Regions Center. Read More
Kelly Named Corix Chair and Director of the Corix Plains Institute
NORMAN — A University of Oklahoma professor, Jeffrey F. Kelly, has been named the inaugural Corix Chair and director of the Corix Plains Institute. Read More
OU Chrysanthemum Gardens in Full Bloom
NORMAN — Named among the nation’s 25 most beautiful college campuses, the University of Oklahoma attracts thousands of visitors each fall to view its outstanding chrysanthemum gardens. Read More
Deaton Designated as SRA International Distinguished Faculty
NORMAN —A University of Oklahoma administrator, Andrea Deaton, has been designated as a Society of Research Administrators International Distinguished Faculty by the SRA Board of Directors. Read More
OU Anthropologist Named to Science News' SN 10: Scientists to Watch
NORMAN — A University of Oklahoma anthropology professor, Christina Warinner, is featured in Science News’ SN10: Scientists to Watch—an annual list of 10 scientists making the next big discoveries. Read More