OU Regents' Alumni Awards to be Presented to 10 Outstanding Individuals
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Public Affairs, (405) 325-1701
NORMAN — Ten exceptional University of Oklahoma alumni and friends will receive Regents’ Alumni Awards for their dedication and service to OU in a ceremony scheduled for Friday, May 10, on the Norman campus.
Presented by the OU Board of Regents and OU Alumni Association, the Regents’ Alumni Award honors the important roles of OU alumni and supporters to the life of the university. A committee formed by the Alumni Association selects the award recipients from nominations made by alumni, friends, and OU faculty and staff. Each year’s recipients receive a plaque and their names are engraved on a permanent plaque in Oklahoma Memorial Union.
This year’s recipients are:
• Trae Anderson, Dallas, Texas, president of the OU Club of Dallas
• Dr. Millie Audas, Norman, special assistant to the president for international partnerships, director of Education Abroad and International Student Services, and faculty member of the Jeannine Rainbolt College of Education
• Ryan Burke, Dallas, Texas, SW area TAS partner at Ernst & Young
• Caroline Cochran DeWitte, Cambridge, Mass., founder and president of the OU Club of Boston
• Jim Dolan, Wayzata, Minn., president/CEO and chairman of The Dolan Co.
• Donald H. Garrett, M.D., Norman, retired thoracic surgeon
• S. Kim Hatfield, Oklahoma City, president of Crawley Petroleum
• John Kenney, Oklahoma City, shareholder and practice group leader at McAfee & Taft
• Bill Saxon, Dallas, Texas, former chairman of Saxon Oil Co.
• and Hal W. Smith, Norman, president of Hal Smith Restaurant Group.
The Regents’ Alumni Awards ceremony will take place at 10:45 a.m. on Friday, May 10, in Beaird Lounge of the Oklahoma Memorial Union. For additional information or accommodations on the basis of disability, please contact Jill Stephens at (405) 325-1710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
OU Receives Major Gift In Support Of College Of Architecture
OKLAHOMA CITY – University of Oklahoma President David L. Boren today announced a leadership gift to the university from Christopher C. Gibbs in support of the College of Architecture. Read More
OU Wins Davis Cup for Fifth Year in a Row
NORMAN — The University of Oklahoma is being awarded the prestigious Davis Cup for the fifth consecutive year in recognition of its record-setting enrollment of United World College international freshmen. Read More
KGOU to Broadcast in Western Oklahoma
NORMAN — University of Oklahoma public radio station KGOU has begun simulcasting on 89.1 FM in Clinton, Oklahoma, after acquiring the broadcast license, transmitter and equipment from KCCU Radio at Cameron University. Read More