For Raising Buttons on Subpages
Loretta Early, University Vice President & CIO
Loretta Early serves as University Vice President and CIO at the University of Oklahoma. Loretta is charged with leading efforts to develop and execute strategic plans for Information Technology for OU's three campuses, as it pertains to instruction, research, administration, and community service. She serves as a member of the President's Cabinet, as well as campus policy and advisory groups, and industry, government, state, regional, and national consortiums. During her tenure at OU, the organization has been recognized twice as one of Computerworld's Best Places to Work in IT and has appeared consecutive years on Princeton's "Most Wired Campus" list.
Before her appointment at OU, Loretta served at The College of William and Mary for 12 years in several leadership positions, ultimately rising to the position of CIO. During this time Loretta also served as an adjunct faculty member. She has more than twenty-five years of progressive leadership experience in Information Technology organizations, including over 22 years in public sector higher education. Her service to information technology in higher education includes appointments on numerous advisory boards, institutes, and professional organizations, including serving as the EDUCAUSE Annual 2013 Program Committee Chair and a grant reviewer for the National Science Foundation.
Prior to her higher education service, Loretta consulted for a variety of national corporations in private industries, including brokerage and financial services, computer services, food services, and construction management. Loretta is an alumna of the University of Virginia.
- Best Places to Work in IT 2010
- Premier 100 IT Leaders 2007
- Best Places to Work in IT 2006
- Top 20 Wired Colleges 2008
- Top 20 Wired Colleges 2006
Oklahoma College Public Relations Association:
- 1st Place Multimedia 2012 - Just One Thing
- 1st Place Mobile Application 2012 - Sooner Jr App
- 1st place Small Brochure 2012 - Back to School
- 2nd Place Special Publication 2012 - IT Infographics
- Honorable Mention Small Brochure 2014 - Shared Services Booklet
- 2nd Place Events and Promotions 2015 - One U Store College of Education Month
- Honorable Mention Campaign 2015 - Tech Taxi
- Honorable Mention Video Featurette 2015 - WEPA
Hermes Creative Awards:
- 2015 Gold Winner - IT Store We Love Alumni
- 2015 Gold Winner - Office 365 Campaign