We invite you to join us for Innovation to Impact, a series of discussions for faculty, staff and graduate students about the creation, management and commercialization of intellectual property (IP). During these presentations, you will learn more about the impact of IP and how it complements your research. We can't wait to see you!
Innovation to Impact
A presentation & discussion series
Gathering Data for Commercial Applications
- Generating data for patent claims
- Gathering commercially relevant data
- Funding to bridge the data disconnect
November 28 (Norman) or November 29 (HSC)
12 - 1 p.m., with complimentary lunch
Download Previous Presentations
Charles A. Hinton, Jr.
Director, NSF I-Corps/Startup Aggieland
- Avoid wasting time with ideas that don’t work
- Reduce your chances of flop
- Is there really a problem that your innovation solves? Or are you imagining there is a problem or need?
- Is there a market for your product or are you just dreaming?
Intellectual Property Forms
The creation and development of intellectual property at the University of Oklahoma encourages new business and is key to creating strong university-industry partnerships. OU has adopted an Intellectual Property Policy and has developed procedures for disclosing and protecting intellectual property.
|IP Policy (PDF)|
To begin the disclosure process:
|W9 - Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification (PDF)|
A Confidentiality Agreement (CA) or Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) is established when two parties wish to disclose confidential information for a specified purpose.
|Addendum to a Confidentiality Agreement or Non-Disclosure Agreement Request|