AEJMC Midwinter Conference 2018 Information
The AEJMC Midwinter Conference is an annual forum for the presentation of research and debate in areas relevant to the AEJMC groups (divisions, interest groups and commissions) sponsoring the event. The conference provides a platform for presentations and extended discussions in a relaxed setting.
The upcoming conference is scheduled for March 2-3, 2018 at the Gaylord College of Journalism and Mass Communication at the University of Oklahoma in Norman, Oklahoma. Conference participants will be able to enjoy the college’s state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities, as well as many winter diversions outside the conference activities, including world-class museums and art galleries. We will be hosting the midwinter conference for the 10th consecutive year. Come celebrate with us!
Attendees can register here.
Call for Papers
Deadline: Dec. 22, 2017
The full CFP is available here.
The room rate for the conference (both for single kings and double queens) is $85 per night, not including 13.758% occupancy tax
Rooms can be reserved HERE.
The brand new Best Western Plus hotel is our recommended conference hotel for the AEJMC Midwinter conference between March 2 and 3, 2018. The hotel is conveniently located in Norman, OK just off of I-35 less than 10 miles from the University of Oklahoma, Gaylord College of Journalism and Mass Communication.
The rate includes internet and breakfast.
The hotel offers a comfortable setting and amenities such as:
• 100% Smoke Free Hotel
• Outdoor heated pool, open 7:00 am – 11:00 pm daily
• 24-hour front desk service
• Cable television, In-room movies, Microwave, Refrigerator, Desk/Work Area
• Complimentary Full Breakfast, weekdays from 6:00 am-9:00 am, weekends from 7:00
• Complimentary High-Speed Internet Access in all Guestrooms and Meeting Space
• On Site Business Center
• On Site Exercise facility, 24 hours
• Dry cleaning services, same day available
• Express check-in & check-out
• Complimentary Parking