Conflict of Interest Reporting
REPORTING A CONFLICT OF INTEREST OR OUTSIDE EMPLOYMENT?
Employees in certain categories are asked to provide an annual statement disclosing conflicts of interest, or confirming that there is nothing to report. An individualized form for this purposes is emailed annually. All employees have an ongoing duty to disclose any conflict of interest that may arise. If you have outside employment to report, fill out the Outside Employment Reporting Form (PDF). If you have a conflict of interest to report, fill out the Conflict Disclosure Form (Word).
Questions about what to report? Here are the questions currently in use, as adapted from the OU Regents’ Conflicts of Interest policy, Faculty Handbook section 5.10, and other related policies and statutes:
IF YOU TEACH...
- Do you teach or advise any members of your family, or anyone with whom you have a personal relationship that would reasonably appear to affect instruction?
- Do you receive a royalty, markup, or other compensation (other than OU compensation) for instructional materials or services marketed to OU students?
IF YOU WORK, CONSULT, OR HAVE ANY SIGNIFICANT FINANCIAL INTEREST OUTSIDE OU, DOES THE ACTIVITY/INTEREST INVOLVE . . .
- holding a position at another college or university?
- doing business with OU or sponsoring a university project?
- using university-owned intellectual property, equipment, or facilities, or employing OU students or staff?
- abiding by a confidentiality agreement or an agreement to delay disclosure of research results?
- receiving SBIR/STTR funds?
- providing “sports agent” representation to athletes?
IF YOU HAVE AUTHORITY TO HIRE, SUPERVISE, OR EVALUATE OTHERS AT OU. . .
- Do you evaluate or supervise members of your family?
- Do you evaluate or supervise anyone who is not family, but with whom you have a personal or financial relationship that would reasonably appear to affect your decisions?