Student Alumni Association Funding Application
1. Submit your application.
Applications will be open Monday, August 28th, 2017, and must be submitted by Monday, September 25th at 11:59 pm. After your initial submission and after you attend a feedback session (see the next section for details), you will have the opportunity to edit your responses and submit again.
2. Attend a feedback session.
Once you have submitted your initial application, you will review your application with a member of the Student Alumni Association Funding Committee. These consultation sessions take place between the week of the initial due date (9/25/17) and the revised application due date (9/29/17). Feedback sessions will take place on the following dates, and take place in the Massad conference Room on the 4th floor of the union.
Tuesday, 9/26 6:00pm-7:00pm
Wednesday, 9/27 12:00am-2:00pm
Wednesday, 9/27 6:00am-7:00pm
NOTE: Attendance at one of these sessions is mandatory in order to move forward in the process. You will be required to sign-up for a session when you submit your application.
3. Turn in revised allocations application.
All final submissions must be made by Friday, September 29th at 11:59 pm. If you do not submit a revised, final application by this date, your application will not be scored.
4. Present your pitch.
Selected applicants will be asked to present a 10-minute pitch on Tuesday, October 17th in front of members of the Student Alumni Association and invited guests.
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY
• The date of the event/project must be after August 28th, 2017 and before May 11th, 2018
•Your organization must be a registered student organization, presidential program, or campus department planning an event or creating a new project that enhances the OU Community.
• Please provide a budget that outlines exactly how the requested funding would be allocated, all expenses associated with the event/project and other sources of funding (expected and received) should be provided.
• It is a REQUIREMENT to submit either an internal university account number or a completed W-9 form for your organization. If you do not submit one of these two, your organization will NOT be considered for funding. (Exception: if students are not allowed to handle account information, you may put us in touch with an adviser instead.)
• We ask that advertisement opportunities are made available for Student Alumni Association (i.e., logo on t-shirt, table at event, logo in program, social media cross-promotion, etc.)
• The Student Alumni Association will NOT accept applications to fund out-of-town conferences, fees, or travel.
PITCH PRESENTATION & POST-PITCH GUIDELINES
• Only selected applicants will be asked to present a 10-minute pitch on Tuesday, October 17th
• Notification of the committee's funding decisions will be sent out via e-mail on Friday, October 20th
• If accepted, please allow approximately 3 weeks for payments to be processed.
• If there is an admission fee, SAA requests tickets to the event.
• Members of the funding committee will attend the event/project as liaisons to ensure participation in all promised cross-promotion.
Please e-mail Conner Meacham at Conner.M.Meachamfirstname.lastname@example.org with any further questions or concerns.